Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post after my hello this is me intro post. So here is the thing I am dealing with. I just bought a 2006 500 4x4 auto for $1500.00 the ad stated that it need a starter. When I looked at the machine it was in good physical condition. Other than needing tires. The battery was dead so we jumped it enough to hear the starter spin but not engage. Everything appeared to be in good working order so I took it home. Well lo and behold I found out that it had suffered from backlash and the inside of the cover was gutted, no starter gears what so ever. The guy said he had just got the machine. I saw new blue rtv around the bottom of the cover when I took off the side panel. So if he knew what was wrong and back stabbed me chances are I will never know. So the machine now starts by recoil only. Here in lies my problem. When the machine is cold I think the electric choke helps put in that first shot of fuel and it starts right up. After it gets warmed up I have to give it some throttle before it will start. I replaced the fuel lines from tank to pump and from pump to carb. Have not changed the vac line. Also it misfires at high rpms. Plug electrode is black. Do these carbs have a primer? Also a new carb is only about $50.00, so just get a new carb or carb and pump on amazon is about $100?

·
Administrator
36,336 Posts
Yes there is a primer on the bottom of the carb. You can reach it from behind the right front wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts