Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new wheels/tires today and could not wait to get them on. They are on a 2007 700EFI. The wheels are type 7 C-series Black from ITP. The tires are front 27-10-12 and back 27-12-12 Kenda Executioners.

[attachment=61695:cat_012.jpg][attachment=61696:cat_013.jpg][attachment=61697:ca
t_014.jpg][attachment=61698:cat_019.jpg]

I gave them a ride today through trails and mud on my land and they are definately different than the stock Goodyears. So far, I really like the tires. After 5mph they ride as good as the stock tires. They seem to turn better than the stock tires. Because the tire likes to dig, It hampers my ability to do a wheelie on softer ground. However, it will throw one hell of a rooster tail in dirt now. I may have to put a clutch kit in to help with this. If any of you guys have any recommendations on this that would be great. I got it stuck this past weekend in a mud hole with the stock tires and had to use the winch to get out. I hit that same hole today and it was a different story. I got through fine. You have to be careful climbing hills where the dirt is soft also. Again, it is amazing how they will dig.

I will post more as I ride them more.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Absolutely LOVE those new "meats"! Your making me jelous,my 500 would be challenged to turn those puppys.keep us updated on the performance. :beer_cheers:

Autocat Rockerdude

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Nice set up!

GG :chug:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Through much searching, I ended up purchasing the wheel/tire kit from traxmotorsports.com. It also came with the caps and lugs. I ordered on Thursday last week and got here today. Everything cost $683.00 and that included shipping from Monroe, LA to my doorstep. I was very happy with Trax and would buy from them again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good!

The Executioners are a heavy tire so a clutch kit should help you out. As far as which clutch kit, you have three brands to choose from.

EPI, which has a new rear spring, weights, and wet clutch springs. The wet clutch springs raise your initial engagement RPM.
Dalton, which has a new rear spring and weights.
Speedwerx (Hot Seat Performance), this kit is unique in that the weights are smaller in diameter thus allowing the sheaves to close further together which changes your gear ratio down low. You loose a little at the top though since they are smaller and cannot open the sheaves up quite as far.

There are widely varing opinions on which is best. I personally don't care for the wet clutch springs but some swear by them. If I was buying today, I think I would take a hard look at the Speedwerx kit. Here is a link to their product.

Speedwerx

The Highlifter kit is made by EPI. The only real difference is the weights (which you can purchase from EPI) and the inclusion of the wet clutch gasket in the Highlifter kit. You can also find a lot of info, including install instructions with pictures, over at Nyroc. Look in the King Quad forum and Tech Tips.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks topgun for the clutch info. I will look in to each one of those clutch kits.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Nice setup!! I like the complete package - I will be getting some executioners soon myself, I've been dreaming about them for a year or so... lol

Aaron

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thats the EXACT same setup as mine. They are a very durable tire. Ride good, pull good. Had them for a while now and they're barely worn. They are a heavy tire, so a clutch kit is recommended. They are on the short side, though. Only measuring 26".

·
Registered
56 Posts
The tire and rims look great. As far as clutch kits it seems EPI has lots of options such as you can buy a kit or you can buy differnt spring combos.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
yeah i dont like my stokkies either because i know the bike has the ability to turn sharper..

the bike looks real good now!

time to update that avitar now and show off the "meats" lol

have a good un',

marcus

·
Registered
947 Posts
Rockerdude thumbguy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey camlocker, that is cool that you have the same wheel/tire setup. What psi do you run the tires at? Also, I notice you live in Lagrange. I am from Dothan and have been to the Dirty Dog park - cool place to ride. Maybe I'll see you there one weekend.

Take care.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts