Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 800 miles on my 2007 F8 snopro. (green) I have waited until it was completley broken in until I raced any of my ski-doo buddys or any sled for that matter.(just to be sure I had an edge) Went on a trip to the UP this last week and of course had to do some drag racing. I have always been a little skeptical of the top end of this sled since I bought it compared to my old fast F7. Lined up with a 2003 SKI-DOO REV 600h.o. carb, a MXz700 and a Polaris XC700. I was planning on winning the race but my biggest question by how much. We lined up and when the flagg dropped the MXZ700 and I left neck and neck with the 600h.o. rev within a ski-loops reach. Polaris collecting snow dust! I began to pull away slightly from the 700mxz but in the corner of my eye was the ski-doo 600h.o. rev. At about 60mph it seemed almost like the REV was tied to my bumper-I couldn't shake it! By 80 mph that #$&$# SKI-DOO 600h.o. rev was catching me!!! At aprox 90-95mph I was passed by the 600 REV and the 700 mxz was closing in also. WTF!!! I think a kick in the nuts would have been much easier to take! Of course we raced over and over and no matter how good of start I got and midrange pull I had I couldn't beat a 600h.o. SKI-DOO Rev.
Overall ride quality of this sled is great (much better than the flimsey f7)-but what happened to the speed?
all sleds were in stock form. bang your head

·
Registered
41 Posts
just wondering what has been done to this sled since you received it. i know that my belt deflection was way off at the 300 mile mark, the oil pump was way to rich,and the track was too tight on my f8. top speed before this was 101 to 103 and hanging tough with my f7 , rev 800 and mxz 800x. the difference was at the end of the lake with the other sleds slightly pulling away. i will try the sled this weekend now that i made these adjustments. also the skis had been toed in quite a bit when i brought it home. ( the dealer would have taken care of this adjustment and told me to check it, but i was in a hurry and assured him i would take care of it). these sleds in my opinion are de-tuned from the factory ( air box and y-pipe) purposely so next year they can tweak any issues ( clutching,plastic,ecu's belt storage, ect.). and increase est. hp#'s in 08 with proper air box and y-pipe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The track tension is actually on the loose side. I checked the oil pump and wasn't comfortable taking any more oil away (hate to cause a uneeded catastrophy!) The belt deflection was real close. I was carefull when I broke in the sled and belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the REV is slow what is that saying for my f8?
Just raced an 2005 F6--->lets just say that the guy on the f6 is feeling good right now, I am thinking of heading to walmart and getting a for sale sign.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree that at top speed the 800 is slower than my f7 was. I do find however that it is very strong from 0 to 80 mph which is where you do most of your riding. The added fuel mileage and quieter engine are worth the slower top end in my books. . In regards to a f6 beating you, this should not happen. Somethings not quite right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been reading on the new 2008 Ski-doo Rev XP and I am ready to Jump Ship!!
50lbs lighter and 150+ horsepower from the 800.

·
Registered
41 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superjet @ Feb 23 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have been reading on the new 2008 Ski-doo Rev XP and I am ready to Jump Ship!!
50lbs lighter and 150+ horsepower from the 800.[/b]

what have you done to improve your cat lately? granted the new rev-xp looks promising so far, but no one has any seat time on a production unit and the spec's might change some. your cat shouldn't loose to any stock 600 if it's correctly set up. i consisantly trade wins with my f7 sp now and that works for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts