Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Look at the difference....!!! Ugly flat pointed Shark nose on the 94 hood. And nice low profile wide rounded bubble nose on my 91 hood...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
I cut out and weeded race class lettering for the sides of the extended tunnel flare. I'll apply transfer tape then lay them on each side tomorrow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I cut out and weeded race class lettering for the sides of the extended tunnel flare. I'll apply transfer tape then lay them on each side tomorrow.

View attachment 368082 View attachment 368083
Looks good, your right about the hood; reminds me of a certain type of shark; can’t remember the exact name and type. Think it’s a deep sea shark that’s seen mostly on the bottom of the sea. Thanks for the advice, but I don’t talk to him anymore; all of us had to give up on him; I was the last to give up. What brand of pipes are you going to run on this sled? Or can you build your own, I’ve built a few in my time; lots of math and cutting and welding involved.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Well if I had to buy pipes..... It would be vintage Crankshop, Decker or Aaen pipes.... But this sled is nothing serious about competition... Just a fun build.... I'll just use dual stock pipes cut, welded... etc...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 · (Edited)
She just a old leaf spring vintage Gal LOL.... She'll do fine in vintage Open Mod.... But in Heavy Open Mod 700 we have a problem Houston LOL... The F7 Cat..... Against the 670 Doo..... Should still be ok as long as nobody calls a tear down on my motor LOL... Wink !!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Gotta mount my two new fuel tanks tomorrow. Not running two pumps, or two tanks on this sled. One tank fuel, other tank old vintage style with soapy dawn dish soap water spraying on slide rails (IV DRIP)... For grass only, no Coolant spray,

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I used there old grab bar thing. Gives it character like sled is being used LOL... I used two case hardened large bolts. I gotta remove two small bolts from rear flare and put in two more case hardened larger bolts still. one each side. So bar is REAL solid... I'll grid off some of there weld a bit nicer on the corners of bar handle. I'm going to use there old dash. But I have to hole cut the pull cord clean round, nicer than the jig saw hole that was gouged out in it LOL... I'll buy some snow flap material and install like a 4 inch extension on bottom.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I used there old grab bar thing. Gives it character like sled is being used LOL... I used two case hardened large bolts. I gotta remove two small bolts from rear flare and put in two more case hardened larger bolts still. one each side. So bar is REAL solid... I'll grid off some of there weld a bit nicer on the corners of bar handle. I'm going to use there old dash. But I have to hole cut the pull cord clean round, nicer than the jig saw hole that was gouged out in it LOL... I'll buy some snow flap material and install like a 4 inch extension on bottom.

View attachment 368096
View attachment 368097 View attachment 368098
What type of track and skid are you going to use?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Old vintage POS Wahl...... Like I said this is NOTHING serious.... Just for fun... Freakin thing is long.... Lot of track under it LOL... Be interesting on clutching, gearing etc.... LOL... Probably 60 mph in 60 minutes LOL.... Down hill LOL..... Both ways LOL.... It's a slingshot vintage rail job LOL...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Only black vinyl I have is gloss. So tonight I ordered a roll of flat matt black vinyl. I'll run some kind of mild subtle graphic down the tunnel length, and hood to break up the LONG view of the chassis length. Find a way to close off or extend the orig tunnel board tubes to meet the flare extension...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Bought a used snow flap on ebay for $19.00 LOL.... to clean up and fit in there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 · (Edited)
With the chassis the deeper I got the more things I found wrong, done wrong etc.... Now with the motor is no different.... Pulled the head off, they must have used OLD USED gaskets enlarged and jam them in, then crank the head bolts down to tight. Busted out a gasket channel for a coolant leak !! GEEZZZZ.... Surprised it ran as good as it did... They bored the cylinders, put in new pistons, and used OLD rubber gaskets or pinched the new ones?... What a shame.....Here we go to motor build LOL....
P528071888888.JPG

·
Registered
623 Posts
With the chassis the deeper I got the more things I found wrong, done wrong etc.... Now with the motor is no different.... Pulled the head off, they must have used OLD USED gaskets enlarged and jam them in, then crank the head bolts down to tight. Busted out a gasket channel for a coolant leak !! GEEZZZZ.... Surprised it ran as good as it did... They bored the cylinders, put in new pistons, and used OLD rubber gaskets or pinched the new ones?... What a shame.....Here we go to motor build LOL....
View attachment 368113 View attachment 368115 View attachment 368116 View attachment 368116
View attachment 368113 View attachment 368115 View attachment 368116 View attachment 368116
At least the RAVE valves look clean, installing the rubber coolant gaskets your supposed to apply white lithium grease on the gasket, A/C had a special grease that is applied; looks very similar to a grease I use on my R/C trucks shocks O rings to prevent tearing when I run the shaft through.. it’s called Green Slime. Snow flap looks like new, hope you didn’t pay to much for shipping; sometimes shipping cost more than the item you purchased. Weisco pistons?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
I don't have the flap yet. That's a picture off the eBay posting. Shipping is free. Oh, and NO it appears to have SPI T-Molly coated pistons in it...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I made big mistake. I never took pics of the wiring they did to refer back to. The ZR 580 EFI I built I took lots of pics to rewire it. This sled has no color coded wires, they twisted all different wires together. Volt reg? Rectifier? thingy LOL.., Tether, Kill button, Tach, etc.... I SUCK at wiring stuff.. This is only half of the rats nest..... GRRRR Going to be a hassle because once I figure it out correct? then I gotta take the wires apart to place on new ones coded. Then sleeve them with braided line wraps to look nice ..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 · (Edited)
Mounted two fuel tanks, brake lever, and throttle... Have two extra cylinders to rework. Gotta do a dash, mount the tach.... Then ready for motor install.... And graphics. I bet the motor and pipes don't fit under hood LOL... Probably end up cutting hood so side of pipes bubble out side LOL... Or go for the 1991 hood... Oh and still need a air dam....LOL Cheap ebay ordering flexible braided line sleeving covers for ALL hoses, lines, wires.... etc....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 · (Edited)
Mounted the vintage tach.... I flipped it over lower from where they had it mounted. gotta paint the two bolts black LOL... Tunnel is to long, think I gotta drill mouth of carbs for jets, then a 1lb. NOS bottle on the tunnel GRIN....

P6010718.JPG
P6010719.JPG
P6010720.JPG
P6010721.JPG

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mounted the vintage tach.... I flipped it over lower from where they had it mounted. gotta paint the two bolts black LOL... Tunnel is to long, think I gotta drill mouth of carbs for jets, then a 1lb. NOS bottle on the tunnel GRIN....

View attachment 368131 View attachment 368134 View attachment 368131 View attachment 368132 View attachment 368133 View attachment 368134 View attachment 368135 View attachment 368132 View attachment 368136
View attachment 368133
Dam you work fast! Like the braided sleeve idea..was going to suggest it, you beat me to it! Lol! Figure out that wiring? Don’t understand why people don’t colour code wires, before I scrap any old vehicles I remove a great deal of interior self tapping screws, bolts and wiring; all good clean source of hardware! Have a good night dude and keep up the great work!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
I need a little Cat 77 or 76 Z to build, restore.... Nice little 440 or 250.... I put my brothers logo on the flare ext.... I'm waiting for bunch of parts from Crank Shop and Ebay to get here next week. Then I'll finish up the sled.. Still gotta grind off a bit of weld from there old rear bar handle LOL...

141 - 160 of 177 Posts