Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
The 94 hood in primer needs to go GRRRRR.... I need the 1991 hood like all my other sleds. It is a MUST to fit the chambers etc.... The 94 is all wrong angles, and no raised bubble at nose to fit the pipes etc...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
This oil based tractor paint is kinda nasty stuff. So I used my cheap primer gun with a 1.4 tip etc.. I mixed a bit of cheap Finish 1 hardener, a bit of cheap rustoleum reducer, and rustoleum paint.... I used the entire quart of paint... Was a bitch getting in areas around tie rods, steering, etc.... LOL.... I might clear it also.... With cheap Finish 1 Clear. I was at around 35psi at gun to spray this thick gummy tractot paint. But it hardens up nice with gloss for what it is..... Cheap !!! I have all the gun nozzle etc parts... in the paint gun cup soaking in reducer...

·
Registered
623 Posts
This is so bright colored I can't get a good picture in sunlight to show ya the true color LOL... Have to wail until the sun goes down LOL.. I'll go on the puter and design some kind of graphics for the vinyl cutter. Run the graphics from nose of hood, down along the sides of tunnel, and up over the rear flared extension... Not sure what design? Maybe Black and White checkered flag design? IDK...?
View attachment 368017 View attachment 368016

View attachment 368015

View attachment 368010 View attachment 368011 View attachment 368012 View attachment 368013 View attachment 368014
Didn’t check out some small aircraft and helicopters for a paint design? The wood on your trailer received a nice blast of paint. Looks good Team Rotax!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Didn’t check out some small aircraft and helicopters for a paint design? The wood on your trailer received a nice blast of paint. Looks good Team Rotax!
Ya she is a back yard special trailer for around the yard picking up branches etc....... LOL... Sled chassis coming along slow... But she'll be cool when I get idea to finish her....LOL..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I could do this graphic on hood, To taunt the Cat drag sleds LOL... But I like my Cat sleds...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
How about if I do the 1960 Rat Fink for vintage sled? Have the Rat Fink at front foot rest with his slobber flowing the length of tunnel sides LOL.. Or flames coming out of his moth flowing down the tunnel sides LOL...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Ever think about calling your sled “Mighty Mouse”? It’s orange, same theme as Mighty Mouse, he was dressed in orange. Surf the internet for some small aircraft and helicopters for a paint scheme, works for me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I keep adding new pics as I go.... I have two new fuel tanks with the mounts coming next week.. Then I'm on to more body work on hood. Then paint, Have to build and cut a new aluminum dash still, like there old one. But nicer. Then some inserts for ski loops, then Some graphics on full sled, Then on to the motor build with pipes. And done.... Going to cut a new dash next week, maybe Diamond plate to match the rear foot rest. Vintage Drag Sled Build. 721 CrankShop Rotax Open Mod. Heavy Mod. Outlaw.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I keep adding new pics as I go.... I have two new fuel tanks with the mounts coming next week.. Then I'm on to more body work on hood. Then paint, Have to build and cut a new aluminum dash still, like there old one. But nicer. Then some inserts for ski loops, then Some graphics on full sled, Then on to the motor build with pipes. And done.... Going to cut a new dash next week, maybe Diamond plate to match the rear foot rest. Vintage Drag Sled Build. 721 CrankShop Rotax Open Mod. Heavy Mod. Outlaw.
How many hours have you put in on this sled? Your getting closer to the finish line Team Rotax, how many drag sleds have you built in total? Sure know your stuff to complete one in a short period of time dude!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 · (Edited)
My new Wahl Bros. Pretty (lol) dual drag race tanks just came today.... They look nicer than the one that was on it with high rise steel frame mount...
P5200720.JPG
P5200721.JPG
orange color.JPG

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
I'm out of Kabota Orange tractor paint for the hood.... Not a SINGLE Tractor Supply Store in 50 miles of me has it in stock for like 3 weeks now... I need another quart !!! Something strange going on, they have one called NEW Kabota orange... NOT the same old hot orange color.... I have like 12oz. of the orange left in quart... Hope I don't have to use like Safety yellow on nose of hood then fade ghost the orange back up hood to tunnel on what I have left over... Nobody at store knows why they can't get it....?????

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Pic of sled at the old owners place before I bought it..... I'll work on motor a bit taking it down, see whats inside LOL..... while I wait for paint LOL.... I removed the old single pipe exhaust manifold. I have a set for twin pipes here I'll clean up, set them aside for motor build....

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm out of Kabota Orange tractor paint for the hood.... Not a SINGLE Tractor Supply Store in 50 miles of me has it in stock for like 3 weeks now... I need another quart !!! Something strange going on, they have one called NEW Kabota orange... NOT the same old hot orange color.... I have like 12oz. of the orange left in quart... Hope I don't have to use like Safety yellow on nose of hood then fade ghost the orange back up hood to tunnel on what I have left over... Nobody at store knows why they can't get it....?????
Do you have a paint code? I could call local Kabota dealership and see if they have some kick’n around, need paint code.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Do you have a paint code? I could call local Kabota dealership and see if they have some kick’n around, need paint code.
Thanks William, but nah, the dealer paint Expensive. And going to be awhile before I finish the motor etc....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Kinda close what seat looks better LOL.. The Wahl Bros. seat is pleated and LIGHT. Has beading matches paint. The homemade seat is HEAVY but looks pretty good filling out the tunnel length a touch more.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
47 mile drive to buy the only Kabota paint left. I only needed like half a quart. But all they had was a GALLON, I had to buy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 · (Edited)
Well here it is, and I don't like it... That 94 hood is to flat and pointed. Looks like a freaking ugly Shark nose LOL.. Need that 91 hood for it. Only thing I can do with this is wrap a rubber air dam all the way around it. Maybe a 4in. sticky back rubber truck, van molding stuck inside the hood side. I'll let it settle and harden up for month or so, then wet sand it with 2000 and rub, buff it out.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well here it is, and I don't like it... That 94 hood is to flat and pointed. Looks like a freaking ugly Shark nose LOL.. Need that 91 hood for it. Only thing I can do with this is wrap a rubber air dam all the way around it. Maybe a 4in. sticky back rubber truck, van molding stuck inside the hood side. I'll let it settle and harden up for month or so, then wet sand it with 2000 and rub, buff it out.
View attachment 368076
I used to own a 1985 Formula Plus, is that the type of hood you’re after? Tried to buy back that ‘85 and wanted to turn it into a drag sled, but buddy just won’t sell it back after I told him what I wanted to do with it..jealousy and spite I’m guessing..dam shame it’s becoming a rust farm! Unfortunately I’ve had to discontinue talking with him, he does nothing but complain about everything in life and he quite literally preaches about Ski-Doo being number one constantly; sure they have a good product; but when he starts to get heated and wound up and upset and disrespectful of other’s choices; that’s when I had to break the friendship off. We were best friends since grade 7 and through high school and our adult life, tried explaining to him that we’re all snowmobiler’s and all enjoy the sport and have different tastes in sleds; why put down every other manufacturers? Guess some people change for the worst as time goes on. I like all brands, although I really like what A/C has to offer in horsepower, handling; and styling cues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I'm a Cat and Doo guy........ Don't waist your time with people who put down Yamaha, Polaris, Doo, Cat, etc..... They are know it all braggers who know NOTHING !!!! The hood your talking about goes to 1990.... The Mach 1 and Formula hood I need and always use is from 1991 to 1993... Nose wraps under, sides are lower, then cut out for steering arms, skis etc...

121 - 140 of 177 Posts