Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Going to do some easy fun stuff next LOL... Need to cut out some plastic for ski loop inserts to trip the lights... Need to go with paint theme flow though. But I like the checker flag ones LOL... Not sure yet how to paint or vinyl graphic them yet. But I'll cut them out to fit anyways LOL.. Just tie wraps on them I'll do... LOL..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
I also been looking at a way to extend the running foot boards to the rear flare angled. But everything I come up with would look to add on back yarded LOL... I was thinking cut the OEM off and bolt on open face ones in link below, look nice. But I would lose my rigidness. Look cool though LOL... Plus I'm getting in to more money doing it LOL... Sled not worth that yet LOL ? I get crazy ideas that cost me money just for looks LOL.......
SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR

·
Registered
527 Posts
I also been looking at a way to extend the running foot boards to the rear flare angled. But everything I come up with would look to add on back yarded LOL... I was thinking cut the OEM off and bolt on open face ones in link below, look nice. But I would lose my rigidness. Look cool though LOL... Plus I'm getting in to more money doing it LOL... Sled not worth that yet LOL ? I get crazy ideas that cost me money just for looks LOL.......
SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR
View attachment 367727 View attachment 367729
Keep up the great work dude! Like the running board idea! You sure know how to keep busy Rotax! You know what they say about idle hands. Remember this sled?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yup. There was a few of those. The Budweiser one also.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I have the rear tunnel length enclosure now straight and bolted on. By the dimensions of the new Wahl Bros. Drag seat coming it should slip, tuck under the rear flare I have angled...
P4200722.JPG

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
What are ski saddles? Are those the ski stance wideners? Or you mean like on a ifs sled? How would I use saddles on a leaf spring sled? Not sure I understand what you are saying.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What are ski saddles? Are those the ski stance wideners? Or you mean like on a ifs sled? How would I use saddles on a leaf spring sled? Not sure I understand what you are saying.
This is the part that I mentioned, some saddles had 3 holes; one forward of centre hole; and one rearward of centre hole. The saddles that I had on my ‘74 eltigre 440 had them, it dramatically changed the way the sled steered and the way it would launch from a dead stop.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is the part that I mentioned, some saddles had 3 holes; one forward of centre hole; and one rearward of centre hole. The saddles that I had on my ‘74 eltigre 440 had them, it dramatically changed the way the sled steered and the way it would launch from a dead stop. View attachment 367760
Couldn’t find a saddle that has 3 holes, this is just an example.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Those are on the Wahl Bros. ski's... How else could ya bolt the skis on without them LOL ?

Reactions: Zbiniew

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I thought you meant use IFS skis, saddles on a leaf springer.... I did that once, I put on a set of USI skis on off my Anderson sled to my leaf spring sled. Ran drags on ice not to hairy.... Then tried grass drags and sled was a death trap out of control skipping bouncing etc.... LOL Never do that again LOL... But it looked cool nice and low LOL...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
You had me confused on saddles LOL.... I could buy longer spindles, then slip over a set of tipple spring Chevy 454 valve springs for IFS with USI skis LOL... But would no longer be a vintage class sled...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
Back in the early 70's my older brother had a few 440 three cylinder EXT Cat he use to oval track race here at Watkins Glenn race..... He built ski wideners off the saddles to widen the stance. THAT is what I thought you were talking about. My brother use to buy all his EXT cats and stuff from a old racer dealer here back then in early 70's. His name (dealer, racer) was Frank Davis here in my town. Frank was deaf in ears... How he tuned those chambers and motors is beyond me LOL...?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Back in the early 70's my older brother had a few 440 three cylinder EXT Cat he use to oval track race here at Watkins Glenn race..... He built ski wideners off the saddles to widen the stance. THAT is what I thought you were talking about. My brother use to buy all his EXT cats and stuff from a old racer dealer here back then in early 70's. His name (dealer, racer) was Frank Davis here in my town. Frank was deaf in ears... How he tuned those chambers and motors is beyond me LOL...?
Ski wideners were quite popular back in the ‘70’s great for oval racing and drag racing, but as soon as you put them on a trail sled that was going to encounter a rough trail or take a jump; the widener plates would bend. As for Frank, the dude probably had really good hearing but lost it tuning Free-Air sleds; I’ve owned quite a few of them. Test riding them without ear protection and just a toque on made my ears ring for two days! Never rode one again without cotton balls in my ears and a helmet on after that! Even when doing a static tuning I put cotton balls in my ears.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Can anyone tell me the center distance from driven clutch bolt to secondary bolt? On a
Arctic Cat Thundercat, ZRT Chassis OR Polaris XCR Chassis

·
Registered
527 Posts
Can anyone tell me the center distance from driven clutch bolt to secondary bolt? On a
Arctic Cat Thundercat, ZRT Chassis OR Polaris XCR Chassis

View attachment 367779
Have you tried County Cat? Service manuals, information is free..which is COOL! Free is always GOOD! Buddy at work just gave me a ‘81 Yamaha SRX for FREE .. free is good! Primed it and it fired up after sitting out in a field for five years. Can you say beater sled?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have you tried County Cat? Service manuals, information is free..which is COOL! Free is always GOOD! Buddy at work just gave me a ‘81 Yamaha SRX for FREE .. free is good! Primed it and it fired up after sitting out in a field for five years. Can you say beater sled?
81 SRXs are hard to come by and very coveted with Yamaha collectors.......I had a 79 srx440 and an 81srx440.......complete rockets......81s have a tendency to blow if they’re not tuned just right.....,good find there big bad Bill......especially Free!.....I just found an SR643😎.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
81 SRXs are hard to come by and very coveted with Yamaha collectors.......I had a 79 srx440 and an 81srx440.......complete rockets......81s have a tendency to blow if they’re not tuned just right.....,good find there big bad Bill......especially Free!.....I just found an SR643😎.....
Let me know if you want to unload it and make some money on it.....I’d gladly take it off your hands......moonbeam is only about 7 hrs from thunder bay .......😎

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Find a 77 SRX for free William.... LOL.....

61 - 80 of 117 Posts