Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I cut off the ski shock mounts, and I removed the secondary clutch so I can sand the chassis.and get the paint gun in there. Still gotta remove chain case, chain, gears etc... I'll install triple gears and chain like I did on the other sleds. All belly pan steel is cut off now. I'll cut off the front bumper steel they made like a Anderson, then buy the nice aluminum front one to bolt on. Gotta do the front foot rest in Diamond plate still. Getting close to sand down, prime, paint .......

·
Registered
359 Posts
I cut off the ski shock mounts, and I removed the secondary clutch so I can sand the chassis.and get the paint gun in there. Still gotta remove chain case, chain, gears etc... I'll install triple gears and chain like I did on the other sleds. All belly pan steel is cut off now. I'll cut off the front bumper steel they made like a Anderson, then buy the nice aluminum front one to bolt on. Gotta do the front foot rest in Diamond plate still. Getting close to sand down, prime, paint ....... View attachment 367529 View attachment 367530
View attachment 367531

View attachment 367532 View attachment 367533
Good to hear from you again, you sure have been busy with your project; still have a lot of work for yourself in the future.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Lot of fun, I love building this stuff. Ya get to sit back, look at what ya started with, then your end finish job all improved. Good day each time of something accomplished LOL... I been thinking of spraying it Tangerine color in pearl and add a touch of prism powder in paint mix? So depending on angle and sunlight it will flip flop from Artic Cat ORANGE to Skidoo YELLOW.... I'll probably use HOK paint ( House Of Kolor) or use Alsa Corp. Paint.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Still need to cut the steering post out, lower it, and design it etc... Instead of that ugly A frame unit it connects to LOL....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Lot of fun, I love building this stuff. Ya get to sit back, look at what ya started with, then your end finish job all improved. Good day each time of something accomplished LOL... I been thinking of spraying it Tangerine color in pearl and add a touch of prism powder in paint mix? So depending on angle and sunlight it will flip flop from Artic Cat ORANGE to Skidoo YELLOW.... I'll probably use HOK paint ( House Of Kolor) or use Alsa Corp. Paint.
View attachment 367536
Holy cow! How many drag sleds do you own? Feel like donating one to the Old M-X Racers Society of Canada? Just slide it off the trailer, Lake Superior is a thousand feet away from my backyard; I could tow it to the lake... I’m good like that! Love the orange paint, House Of Colours... pricey! Watched Vice Grip Garage last night, Derek is one cool cat; episode Grand Torino Elite. Wondering if he’ll ever get that huge drag sled with the 302cui. flying on a lake with a couple inch’s of hard packed snow on top. Do your kids help you out building your projects?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Holy cow! How many drag sleds do you own? Feel like donating one to the Old M-X Racers Society of Canada? Just slide it off the trailer, Lake Superior is a thousand feet away from my backyard; I could tow it to the lake... I’m good like that! Love the orange paint, House Of Colours... pricey! Watched Vice Grip Garage last night, Derek is one cool cat; episode Grand Torino Elite. Wondering if he’ll ever get that huge drag sled with the 302cui. flying on a lake with a couple inch’s of hard packed snow on top. Do your kids help you out building your projects?
My daughter is a software engineer.... No boys.... That pic of Tangerine sled not mine, was to show a color was all. I have NO drag sleds anymore. Only this one I bought for fun to build. I sold them all, like 16 of them I did, had, built, raced etc.... LOL... MX? I use to race MX younger, then Flat track, then short track....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts