Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I trained Isshin ryu..... till Brown belt..... Then got a DWI so could not go..... Then trained at home...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Had kids run some of my old builds LOL...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh if ya look at second pic above, you will see I don't use carbide ski runners. I wrap the ski loop entire length for ice drags to slide FAST !!!! Bitch to keep straight IF your sled not setup correct on pull though. BUT FAST compared to runners, scags etc.... Put them in oven till warm, then bend them....
Cool trick, are you the only one doing that?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
IDK... I did it back in mid 80's and never seen anyone else do it. LOL... Pretty freakin FAST on ice..... As long as ya have sled set correct not to pull left or right IT IS A WINNING EDGE !!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
SEE, NOTE, the ski loop is a full one unit bend for a runner to slide on ice LOL... FAST !!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Like totally bitch’n video’s! Where you ever featured in some snowmobile magazine’s in the mid ‘80 to ‘90’s? The only type of snowmobile racing I’ve done in the summer is Water skipping, 1990 Tundra with a 580 Rotax from a totalled Mach1. Summer Hummer. Unfortunately the venue in Atikokan, Ontario; Canada had to put a halt to it because of the environmental impact it had done over the years... real shame racers from across Canada and the USA would participate! Gainesville is now the biggest water skipping event to my knowledge. I have duel citizenship, you can read more about myself in About. Thanks for sharing the pics and videos! 😎

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Few articles from Hot Shots Drag Race News.... Real old though if ya can read it... I clicked full image... not sure if ya click on it if it enlarges to read it ?
light supermod story Terry Ellis.jpg
light supermod story Terry Ellis.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Yup I only beat Jeff or ANYONE in finals if he snaps a chain or fouls a plug LOL.... I pretty much get holeshot every time, but I lose my clutching at about 3/4 track every time in every race I been in LOL... I have no place to test and set clutching at my home for 500ft. drag strip. I'm pretty much a second place guy LOL... I run them all down, then in finals I'm the second place guy LOL... All the H.P. in world does NO good on a drag sled if clutching is wrong !!! It's a fine line to get hole shot on clutch then hold it to just OVER revving at just past 500ft...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nothing much here to see. The rear suspension was off by 1/4in. That was lot of fun LOL. I snapped two bolts removing it. I drilled, tapped it so it is now correct, then the track I set lined up correct. Spins nice by hand freely. I set the drag skis on just to get a measurement where to cut hood for ski loops etc... I gotta cut off the front spindle shock mounts to orig skis yet, not sure they can be removed? so probably cut those off after checking... IDK why I get double pics? When I click full image they come up double...
P3300719.JPG
P3300720.JPG
P3300721.JPG

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Did you beat Jeff with his donated rotary plate? How much do you trim off the plate to give you a edge.. probably a secret! 🤫
I use a 207 valve disk. The cover plate I use is off a 75 340 Free Air RV motor. A straight shot plate, no angle, then run short boots to carbs.. Or the CrankShop Cover bored to 48mm. 45MM NON-INJECTION RV COVERS

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use a 207 valve disk. The cover plate I use is off a 75 340 Free Air RV motor. A straight shot plate, no angle, then run short boots to carbs.. Or the CrankShop Cover bored to 48mm. 45MM NON-INJECTION RV COVERS
That cover plate from the Crank Shop is a piece of jewelry dude! Short boots probably help with top end, you mentioned that you use a 207 disk, would that have the same advantages of shaving the disk? Non injected cover, what would lubricate the disk and gears; just mixed fuel I’m presuming. Yesterday I mentioned have you ever experimented with different ski saddles, the placement of the bolts that run through them; some older sleds would have three different holes on the saddle; might actually help to lift the skis to your preference. As for your competitor Jeff, you mentioned that he’s got you on the last 3/4, have you ever tried experimenting with different secondary helix ramps and gearing? I know that it’s a time consuming process, and your primary clutching will be thrown out the window; as well as your carb set-up. Have you ever like checked out Thunder Products? There’s some like really cool trick parts that might be of interest to you! Might give you the winning edge against your competition.... unless their tuned into this conversation! Ever give a thought about getting into water skipping? Great way to cool off on a hot summer’s day, and to work on your tanage dude! There has to be some water skipping footage somewhere from the Atikokan event that is near my home town, Thunder Bay, Ontario. Like thanks for the update again! 🥋🥊

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Valves are cut at different degree angles. Oil line is just filled then just a loop that oils gear.. shaft etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Check out Thunder Product’s?
I did, Thank you.... Few parts seem to be same as Wahl Bros. With clutching I use and rework, shave, Heavy hitter cam arms, roller cams, helix. etc....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oil line is just filled then just a loop that oils gear.. shaft etc. On a Cat 580 EFI case it's not the same way.... Just so you know.... Suzuki bit different done. But both run water pump...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Next update to bug ya LOL.... I took my cardboard tunnel template out to my brothers today. He built my rear tunnel enclosure. Not completed yet though, he needs to do the section that will meet the rear of the seat still. All parts just sitting on top for a picture is all, and get more measurements. The seat will just use 3in. wide Velcro strips to snap it to tunnel to remove at any time. Here few pics just for comparison from old to new, parts just sitting there, LOOOONG ways to go before fitment and paint. Coming pretty cool... ??
P3050719999.JPG
P4040719.jpg
P4040720.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Next update to bug ya LOL.... I took my cardboard tunnel template out to my brothers today. He built my rear tunnel enclosure. Not completed yet though, he needs to do the section that will meet the rear of the seat still. All parts just sitting on top for a picture is all, and get more measurements. The seat will just use 3in. wide Velcro strips to snap it to tunnel to remove at any time. Here few pics just for comparison from old to new, parts just sitting there, LOOOONG ways to go before fitment and paint. Coming pretty cool... ?? View attachment 367508 View attachment 367509 View attachment 367510

View attachment 367508 View attachment 367509 View attachment 367510

·
Registered
359 Posts
Next update to bug ya LOL.... I took my cardboard tunnel template out to my brothers today. He built my rear tunnel enclosure. Not completed yet though, he needs to do the section that will meet the rear of the seat still. All parts just sitting on top for a picture is all, and get more measurements. The seat will just use 3in. wide Velcro strips to snap it to tunnel to remove at any time. Here few pics just for comparison from old to new, parts just sitting there, LOOOONG ways to go before fitment and paint. Coming pretty cool... ?? View attachment 367508 View attachment 367509 View attachment 367510

View attachment 367508 View attachment 367509 View attachment 367510

Just a little something funny I found today!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LMAO that's great!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts