Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going snow ride morning with (Differential Lock) engaged and suddenly the (differential Lock) not work more.

The 4x4 work but lock mode not.

Your idea? possible to freeze?

Artic Cat 500 2006 manual

Thank advance, excuse my english :) Not worthy:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds like your havein the same trobble i have had got water inside of mind actuator and when it does it shorts out the differential Lock or the 4 wheel drive so i toke my back to the dealer and told them to fix it seen it was stall new and got a new one and the dealer put some ****ing around the actuator gaset and put it back to together to keep it dry. But first to make sure there is no water in it find something to warm it up to dry it out and try it to see if it works again if not you have a short in it and you my have to take it off to gave to the dealer and see if they can fix the actuator i hope that help you out i douno how old it is they may fix it for free your dealer i douno it it stall under a yaer old

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Could be the actuator, but I would try looking at the A) fuse and B) cable. 9 times out of 10 the cable just needs adjustment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank guys for your reply, the lock not work with fuse, mechanical cable and the cable seem good, I see the pine on the differential entering and leaving.

The probleme seem inside the differential :boohoo:

But, I look in the service manual and I see on the block fuse (Diff Lock Relay) why?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guerrier @ Feb 11 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank guys for your reply, the lock not work with fuse, mechanical cable and the cable seem good, I see the pine on the differential entering and leaving.

The probleme seem inside the differential :boohoo:

But, I look in the service manual and I see on the block fuse (Diff Lock Relay) why?[/b]

I think I'm reading that it will go into 4wd, just can't get it into diff lock, right? 1 of 2 things come to mind: It could be frozen, but if you can see it move where it goes into the differential (left side to the right of where the axle goes into it sitting on the quad) then I would guess it needs adjusting. There is 2 nuts, one on the outside of the bracket and 1 on the inside that act as a lock when you tighten them against each other. Loosen both and basically tighten the outer nut to bring the threaded barrel further out from the differential (maybe 1/8" as it will not take much)Make sure before you tighten the outer nut to adjust it that you loosen up the inner enough to compensate for the room you need to bring it out. Tighten them both back up and give it a whirl. I had to do this maybe a month or 2 after I bought mine, and many others also. Make sure it unlocks just as good though, if not then you have it too tight. It should lock and unlock within 1 revolution of the tire, mine does within a 1/4 turn. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Mine has frozen up before as well. Once locked and once unlocked. If you can't get it into a heated area I just covered it with a tarp and put a heater to the front left of the diff. You can then check to see if the diff lock is free and moving with the cable. If its moving you probably just need to adjust it as said before.

WC

·
Registered
321 Posts
Another place to adjust the cable is up near the handle bars next to the pod. It should have a rubber protective covering on it. Check your adjustments by slowly flipping the lock lever WITHOUT it in 4x4 mode. When it engages/disengages, you will hear the actuator. You may also have to turn the wheels back and forth or roll forward or backwards some in order to get the splines on the locker to line up. It's just trial and error until you find the sweet spot. Good luck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well finally my cable is correct, I really believe that the problem is inside the Diff, I do not see another thing bang your head

I contact my dealer soon for fix hit, it is warranty. :yo_sup:

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guerrier @ Feb 13 2007, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Guys one question, with which speed and how much time one can walk with Diff lock actived?[/b]

10 mph......I think. As long as you want below that though.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You don't wanna go at a good clip in diff lock mode because if your tires snag something and jerk the handlebars to the Left or Right...welll....you just bought new CV axles or a rebuild kit. ouch!

I've never gone more than 10mph...typically only 5mph.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, can be because of this that my (Diff lock) not work now, I was more quickly than 10mph with the active Lock, I have broken something inside.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
10mph max i believe it reads right on the diff lever and in the owners manual. if you cable is adjusted correctly and you enguage at a stop and go foward and backwards a bit and doesn't enguage then sounds like you on a trip to your dealer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Si je vous étais, je le prendrais à votre négociant. Faire il réparer, si quand vous entrez ces situations vous bien non il travaille.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well with four years of french, had to use it for something. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts