Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Do you remember siphoning lol
If you have a large syringe you can draw fuel out.

·
Registered
2006 400 4x4 automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you remember siphoning lol
If you have a large syringe you can draw fuel out.
Yessir I definitely remember siphoning, and getting a mouthful of gas! May have to try it though. I’ll report back a little later.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Make sure you have mouthwash handy lol
If you install a small fuel filter in the fuel line that goes to the carb , you will be able to see fuel.

Reactions: 303hunter

·
Registered
2006 400 4x4 automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Fuel line from the tank is clear. Got a taste of gas pretty quickly when I siphoned (yuck), so I know it’s flowing. Also took a squeeze bottle of gas and put directly in the rear of the fuel pump and it started right up. It wouldn’t keep running unless I squeezed the bottle though. I don’t think the pump is working.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
If it’s getting good vacuum and wont pump then the pump is no good. Check the vacuum line from the intake when cranking. You should get good vacuum on your finger when cranking. Better yet check it with a vacuum gauge.
Pretty sure I have a couple of used pumps here. You are a long ways from me so freight might be expensive

·
Registered
2006 400 4x4 automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If it’s getting good vacuum and wont pump then the pump is no good. Check the vacuum line from the intake when cranking. You should get good vacuum on your finger when cranking. Better yet check it with a vacuum gauge.
Pretty sure I have a couple of used pumps here. You are a long ways from me so freight might be expensive
There are pumps on eBay for good prices, but I wonder about the quality.

Tried it again, and it started right up. It’ll idle and take the throttle, but it pops back through the carb while idling and cuts off. The air box and filter are still off, so I’m not letting it run for long. Now I am confused....

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts
Unfortunately it is starting to sound like it may be the dreaded magnet issue.

·
Registered
2006 400 4x4 automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It started running better, so I put the air box back on. Now it’s skipping on the bottom end, but starts clearing up as the rpm’s rise. Didn’t start skipping until I installed the air box. Think I’m gonna go through the whole fuel system and clean everything really good.

·
Registered
2006 400 4x4 automatic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Tried it again, and I believe the choke is stuck on. Can smell the rich mixture when a choke is stuck, and the rough running.

·
Administrator
40,392 Posts

21 - 31 of 31 Posts