Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same thing just happened early december to my 05 500. Is the rear shaft sticking out abit from the diff? Does the rubber boot on the shaft look like it is off? If so I just got mine done at the dealer and it turned out to be the drive shaft and it had a broken shaft bumper and the splines on the shaft were all worn down (the grinding noise). Mine was covered by Cat Care. It turned out to be about a 400 dollar job(canadian funds)

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed up.

Matt

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats Tiggershark ! Both on the mod job and the warranty work to get the cat fixed. I have never heard of this problem before. Did they mention to you how it happened and how are we to avoid this issue? My dealer said it was the rubber bumbpers that broke and therefore the shaft came out and got stripped. Is this rubber shaft bumper an item we should be replacing every so often? Or like you mention, should we keep the warrenty up on our machines?

Thanks and congrats again tiggershark......

Matt

:chug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.