Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 F6 EFI. I want to put something on to replace the stock muffler, but I still want the stock pipe. I was thinking a rumble pack??? Any ideas or what are you guys running? Would I need to do anything to the clutching? I want it to sound more high pitched. What would be the best set up? Thanks for all info!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, but why wouldn't you change it??? Is there something bad about them? Would the pipe be better to upgrade? Would I have to change the clutching... like getting a ODS clutch kit? I like the way the rumble pack sounds compared to the speedwerx pipe. What is the best way to go? Also what do you think is the best rumble pack? Is that legal in MN?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know what the laws are in Minnesota, but up here in Ontario, we can't modify our exhausts. You will not have to change the clutching on your sled if you simply change the silencer. A pipe will actually give you some performance gains, unlike the canister which may make your sled "sound" faster. If you are going to spend some money on your sled, and are undecided as to what to buy I would highly recommend the ODS clutch kit. I have the same sled as you, and I am EXTREMELY satisfied with the clutch kit from ODS. Hope this helps.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts