Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any noticeable gains to modding the muffler without getting too loud?
I see people have posted many different versions, what has become the best bang for the buck while still keeping the spark arrestor?

·
Administrator
40,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I did the muffler mod and I do not have the spark arrestor anymore. I now have two outlets for the exhaust. It made my Thundercat a little louder but not bad at all. It sounds like it should have from the factory. Hey, Chris if you want to borrow it some time and try it you can. I have an HMF now anyway so it just sits on the shelf.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I did the muffler mod and I do not have the spark arrestor anymore. I now have two outlets for the exhaust. It made my Thundercat a little louder but not bad at all. It sounds like it should have from the factory. Hey, Chris if you want to borrow it some time and try it you can. I have an HMF now anyway so it just sits on the shelf.
did you use any kind of fuel box/ programmer with your muffler mod?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
did you use any kind of fuel box/ programmer with your muffler mod?
No I didn't. With the snorkles and the muffler mod it would backfire a little on deceleration. I would have to keep the throttle open just a touch and use the brakes to slow down. That would keep it from backfiring. Now that I have my "special tune" I've got no backfiring.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Mine was a little lean. But when the throttle is completely closed you are not feeding the engine very much fuel or air. When you feather the throttle when slowing down you still feeding a little more fuel to the system. The only times I had the backfiring was after long wot runs. Normal riding was just fine. It defiantly was not something that bothered me. I checked plugs and everything looked right so I wasn't to worried.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a aftermarket Big Gun exhaust and fuel box for my fuel injection and min backfires if I am not on the throttle a little bit to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts