Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 mudpro 1000 and i want to increase it's top speed. Do they have an actual speed limiter? Rev limiter? Or is it clutching?

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Why would you want to increase its speed ? It’s a mud machine purpose built, not a road racer.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would guess there are gears you can change to get into a higher gear ratio, this adding some top end, but you will then loose low end power, its a game of gain and loss

what sized tires are on it now?
going to TALLER tires will also change gearing but at the price of both power loss down low and well as in handling, things MIGHT bet scary at higher speeds on very tall aggressive tires, any where but in a mud Pit

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Check with Speedwerx. I used their "Hypershift kit'' to actually reduce the top speed and give better bottom end to my 700 TRV. Don't know how fast your Mudpro goes, but I think the TRV topped out 70- 73 mph stock. Now it tops out at 65 or so, but better bottom end punch. BTW changing the wet clutch springs does not change top speed, it raises the engagement rpm, like a high stall converter in a car. Made it much more fun to drive. So you may actually be able to get better take off and higher top speed. Also, I think you might be able to do a wet clutch delete, but that's not going to be cheap. I thought that 70+ mph on my TRV was a bit scary...

''

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
gear ratios are the same as the non mud pro 11t pinion and 34t ring gear. From what I looked up. Not sure where the difference is, maybe transmission? At any rate, getting a tall tire machine to go faster is going to be scary.

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
X2^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts