Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what yr mud pro axles fit/as Strong as gorillas. Go in the 700 efi machines.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a set of 2010 for $100 new.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i doubt they are the larger axles

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm asking what year do the big ones come out of? These are from a 2010 I think I'm right on the yr

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You saying you found a set, as in two, mud pro axles
for 100.00? Do tell where?
Guy in MS I know he blew it up and is parting it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Really cool! I live in Gulfport, MS what else does he have? I just finished rebuilding my 2010 mud pro. New engine, complete front and back end rebuild to include bearings, brakes, bushings, both differentials everything. I'm always needing something where's this guy at? interested in ECU, throttle body as spare stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Big ones are in 2011-2013 and that's it. By the way, AC doesn't make them any more. :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
most were also only mudpro 1000s that got them

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so the 2010 is the smaller axles. Would gorillas be better? I'm gonna go over there this weekend and see what he has ill post it when I get back.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Yes they are the small ones and gorillas would be WAY better then them

Reactions: tuffduff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks savageman. I know where to go with it no trying to get a jump on Texas mud Nats.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Ok thanks savageman. I know where to go with it no trying to get a jump on Texas mud Nats.
Right on, i should be at texas nats this year too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went last yr. had the time of my life and I was in a tent. Got a camper now and a gennie so it should be even better. If u have room bring xtra plugs breather filter and such I had to get a plug $13. But I had to have it

·
Registered
125 Posts
Be careful of putting in Axles in that are stronger than the chunk. I would rather break an axle than frag a chunk at $1500.00 a pop. Let me know what he's got. If you get down south to ride Canal road let me know.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Be careful of putting in Axles in that are stronger than the chunk. I would rather break an axle than frag a chunk at $1500.00 a pop.
CHUNK that is a new one, Making up words are we? To us northerners, a chunk is a big piece of chocolate or a large piece of broken concrete or ice block to put in the beer cooler. You southern boys with your slang can sure confuse me at times on the forum, LOL Just kidding. We having fun yet? LOL

Lets see Chunk= Rear drive gear case. Rear diff for short. I suppose if you ruin a rear drive case it does become a chunk of worthless aluminum LOL
Crank = a engine that is running. It always makes me do a double take when southerners say it turns over but will not crank. LOL "Crank" and "Turns Over" have the same meaning to us northerners. lol To me Crank is attempting to start with the starter but will not run. What else is there? I'm sure there is a lot more slang words you all use. LOL

Thinking we ought to have a southern slang dictionary in the pinned section so us northerners know what he heck you are all talking about sometimes. <grin> Bet you have one heck of a time with the parts list on country cat or other favorite parts vendor trying to find a part number for chunk. Good thing there is pictures huh?, lol

By the way if we were to get technical, the rear differential is not a differential it is a single input dual output right hand gear reduction drive. Countrycat calls it a Rear Gear case Assembly": But diff is a easy to type and remember

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Lots of Canucks call it a chunk as well lol

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
LOL ok So you canucks are as crazy as the southern boys too. LOL I've also heard it called an Axle Pumpkin too come to think of it. Geeze, lol

Then again I'm from the part of the country that pronounces "Creek" as "Crick" so Guess I ought to just be quiet and learn something

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Up the crick? Lol
Yes pumpkin is common vernacular. Especially with ford 9" style diffs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.