Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this question posted before but no-one really explained the issues or if it's possible. IMO one of the many "Pros" to buying a Mudpro is that it's 4.0 gearing would be less stressful if I bolted on an All-Season track system like the Tatou 4S.

I hate to be vague but I also read that the Mudpro is one of the few atv's that there is not a mounting kit available for it (maybe only for the Tiger Trax that is AC's own track system). I asked my dealer who has sold me three Cats and he stated that tracks really gear down an Atv and with the additional low gearing of the Mudpro (4.0 gears) that the engine would rev too high.

Has anyone done any research on this? If the Mudpro only does 48 mph with tires at max. rpm, what would be max. speed with tracks?

Note: I've seen the Dirt Trax video with the 700 H1 on Tatou 4S but that was with the 3.1 gears.

Any input or comments would be appreciated. Thanks. GH

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrouseHunter @ Nov 7 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've seen this question posted before but no-one really explained the issues or if it's possible. IMO one of the many "Pros" to buying a Mudpro is that it's 4.0 gearing would be less stressful if I bolted on an All-Season track system like the Tatou 4S.

I hate to be vague but I also read that the Mudpro is one of the few atv's that there is not a mounting kit available for it (maybe only for the Tiger Trax that is AC's own track system). I asked my dealer who has sold me three Cats and he stated that tracks really gear down an Atv and with the additional low gearing of the Mudpro (4.0 gears) that the engine would rev too high.

Has anyone done any research on this? If the Mudpro only does 48 mph with tires at max. rpm, what would be max. speed with tracks?

Note: I've seen the Dirt Trax video with the 700 H1 on Tatou 4S but that was with the 3.1 gears.

Any input or comments would be appreciated. Thanks. GH[/b]
I agree with your dealer theres a 30 percent reduction in most tracks so it would be screaming and doing maybe 30 mph. Mudpro is geared to low for tracks in my opinion.

·
Registered
493 Posts
can't really answer the question but i know my crackhead dealer had a mudpro in th showroom with trax on it.... don't know what make or anything else... it's a personal thing i guess but i don't like the trax..

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nf_meathead @ Nov 7 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can't really answer the question but i know my crackhead dealer had a mudpro in th showroom with trax on it.... don't know what make or anything else... it's a personal thing i guess but i don't like the trax..[/b]

If it was on the dealer floor, I would think that they were the AC tracks. Next time you go, see if you can test ride it and let us know what it's like with the tracks on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Mudpro goes 53mph (I like the bike allot)....where u getting the 48 from??? how fast do want to go with tracks?? If you want to go fast get a 800 crossfire snopro there really fast.

·
Registered
493 Posts
jd... i try not to go to that dealer unless i really really really have too.... and last time i went in they didn't even have a mudpro left... and on top of that..lol if im gonna test drive a mudpro.. it won't be with the trax on... llike i said it's just my preference... but i have no use for the trax.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think that when you order the Tatou 4S track kit that they ask what machine your putting them on so they can match them to the machine your putting them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts