Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a MUDPRO 1000 yet , my local dealer just received 3 of them las t week, great looking ride , but they were not yet ready to run when I was there , they were being uncrated . I would like to know what kind of speed these things are capable of . As the gearing has remained at 3.1:1 , I believe the clutching and ecu (CDI ) are different that a T cat or TRV 1000 , but all signs point to a possible top speed of 65-70mph, Don't get me wrong I do not need a mudpro1000 to do even that but I feel the top speed of the 700 mudpro at 45mph is to slow . I have to run about 10 miles of backroads to get to the trailhead where I am and don't want to run up the raod bouncing off the rev limiter . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
thanks Brent

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think you would have a pretty good guess there, the normal Tcat is limited to 85, and the MP is a little heavier with a re worked clutch,, but i would still say a little closer to 75 or even 80.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i would say the m/p 1000 is good for 75.
45 topped out on a 700 m/p isd say something wrong there mine hit 52-53 before i changed the inner clutch sleeve.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Since the Mudpro 1000 has the same differential gearing and larger tires. And if the internal transmission gearing isn't geared lower then the standard Tcat. Then I'd see no reason why the mudpro wouldn't run faster then the stock tcat. Sure it may have different weights in the primary and different ramps in the secondary for mud specific CVT tuning but once the primary fully closes and the secondary fully opens then the CVT ratios should be the same in both machines. Since larger tires cover more ground with each rotation. Top speed should increase.

I'm thinking the internal transmission gearing would have to be lower though? I dont think anybody know for sure yet.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have been told by many different dealers that ALL the Mud Pros have 4.0 gearing, I know thats what what the site said, but the dealers told me that must be a typo because they were told that all of them had 4.0s. I really dont know though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes all the Mud Pro 700H1 bikes have 4.0 gears but the 1000 has the 3.1 gear set, I saw the parts schematic at the dealer , unfortunatley this machine is not yet posted on the AC EZparts web site , Keep in mind that all specs are subject to change !!!
On another note there are differences in the ECU from a T-Cat to a TRV1000 and aMudPro1000 , all have a different part # , could potentially change the timing etc and be limited my a speed sensor

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
what im curious to see if cat pulled some more hp tuning the eng to the snorks like the did the 700.
but i would also say they more than likley did some clutching like the 700 which more than likley limit top end but have brutal low end power.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Just did some quick calculations of the Mudpro has 28" tires and 4.0 Diffs and everything else internally is the same as the regular Tcat
Top speed would be about 71 MPH with 4.0 diffs
Top speed would be about 79 mph with 3.6 diffs
Top speed would be about 92 mph with 3.1 diffs
I really have a hard time believing the MP 1000 will have 3.1 diffs, on 28 inch tires and internal transmission gearing the same as a regular Tcat. If the center spool in the primary is extra long so the primary cannot close all the way then yes it may not do 95 but shorten that spool to the same length as a regular Tcat and it should do 95 with the 28" tires if all else is the same.

The Differential ratio question could be answered if someone would just look at the little silver tag on the Diff cover bolt. it should have a 4.0, 3.6, 3.1 or something else stamped on it if they developed a new ratio.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catwalkin @ Nov 14 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what im curious to see if cat pulled some more hp tuning the eng to the snorks like the did the 700.
but i would also say they more than likley did some clutching like the 700 which more than likley limit top end but have brutal low end power.[/b]
On the 700 MP clutching I think all they did was install a longer center sleeve in the primary, that allows the belt to ride down lower but at the same time does not allow the primary to close all the way either. You would have the same result as this by installing a shim of the thickness equal to the difference in length of the center sleeve between a 700H1 and 700 MP on the 700H1. Lower bottom end ratio but loosing some on the top end too. I've also heard the helix in the secondary is different but not confirmed. primary weights may be different also. Helix and weights would affect upshift and back shift RPM curves but shouldn't affect ratios any

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think either way this T cat is going to be a beast!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i have the 2010 catalog and it says the mud pro 100 has the 3.1 in it while the 650 and 700 have the 4.0

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crash06 @ Nov 14 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have the 2010 catalog and it says the mud pro 100 has the 3.1 in it while the 650 and 700 have the 4.0[/b]
That could be a typo or mistake, sure wouldn't be the first time there was a mistake in the specifications. I really have a hard time believing that it would have 3.1 differentials, or if it does that they use different internal transmission gearing to reduce the top end it would have with 28 inch tires and 3.1 differentials

PS A regular Thundercat displaying 82.5 MPH in the speedometer would be moving at the real speed of 92.4 with 28" tires. Because of the larger tires covering more ground per rotation. If the MP 1000 has the same Diffs and same internal transmission gearing, the the Speedometer cluster would be re calibrated too. Be a good way to get a regular Tcat speedometer error corrected or closer with taller tires, install the different Pod cluster

I've shared this before a spread sheet written for Microsoft Excel that will give you your Real speed based upon indicated speed if you changed tires or differentials from stock. Assumes Indicated speed was accurate and pod is calibrated for the original tire size and original differential ratio. Only inputs for the sheet are original tire size, original differential and new differential ratio if you've changed it. Read the Real speed in the Column below tire size in inches where it intersects with any indicated speed

Attachments

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I have read and told it has 3.1s in it. that it has a new designed Helix one that will increase backshifting and Heavy rollers in it and like the 700 i bet the primary sleave is longer on it as well.
the fixed plate mod will take care of that though or most of it anyway.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Has any magazine or somebody else tested one yet? I would like to read about it a little? I would love to have one of these but I need a new pickup first and its kind of one or the other.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchell87 @ Nov 14 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has any magazine or somebody else tested one yet? I would like to read about it a little? I would love to have one of these but I need a new pickup first and its kind of one or the other.[/b]

There has been no test as far as I know. I know that before the 700MP came out they were testing it and there were videos posted. I searched for hours, found no articles and no videos of the T-Cat MP.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JD700EFI @ Nov 14 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchell87 @ Nov 14 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has any magazine or somebody else tested one yet? I would like to read about it a little? I would love to have one of these but I need a new pickup first and its kind of one or the other.[/b]

There has been no test as far as I know. I know that before the 700MP came out they were testing it and there were videos posted. I searched for hours, found no articles and no videos of the T-Cat MP.
[/b][/quote]

Thats kind of what i was thinking, hopefully a review will come out soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
snorkle?

does anyone know of an interchangeable intake to replace sorkle when we dont use it? i'd like to have the option of removing and replacing the snorkle when needed. it sure takes alot of room off of the front rack.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts