Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at getting me some new tires. 27 incher's 10's in the front and 12's in the back. i'm not sure if i want the mudlite's or the swamplite's. i ride in mud(swampy) with lotsa leaves and logs under the water(stinky stuff). usually the deepest i get it the bottom of the seat. very little black top, some hard sod and lotsa snow during the winter which one's would ya'll recommend? thanks guy's

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I have had great results with my Mud Lite XTR's so far in about every condition you can throw at them..

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have to give another vote for Swamplites, they havnt let me down in ANYTHING yet

·
Registered
158 Posts
Get the swamplites the 27's actually measure out to 28. And the treads deeper.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My buddys 26"Mud lite xtrs measure 25"

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Get the XTR's you'll love em!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ive got to throw my vote in for my Swamplites.I have 26's they have not failed me yet.I went from 589's to these i wish i would have bought these first.They are a pretty soft 6 ply but do very well love them in trail conditions and you cant beat that deep tread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently went with 26" swamplites on my 400 and they are great. They have never failed to clean out and even with 10" versus the prior 8" on the front they steer and handle much better than the factory rubber they replaced. Also, I have put 300 miles on them this hunting season and they have yet to show any wear at all.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw on one site that the Swamplites listed a 9" front but I have not found it again and forgot where I saw it, there was a part # with it but I didn't write it down. Does anyone have info if this is true or was a misprint? If these don't exist I was thinking about 10" all around. My buddys Mudlites 11" rears were wider than my stock 12" 's. Do the Swamplites run wide also?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
my mudlight xtr's measure 25 1/4 the same as my 25in bighorns. both great tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do the Swamplites have a rim gaurd?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yes, the Swamplites have a "rimsaver" design, which works well

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molsondrinkr @ Jan 24 2007, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VT ArcticCat @ Jan 24 2007, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do the Swamplites have a rim gaurd?[/b]
I believe they don't.

Later
Molsondrinkr
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (V2RIDER @ Jan 24 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes, the Swamplites have a "rimsaver" design, which works well[/b]
Well, there you go. LOL.

Go with the guy that owns a set, He's probably right. :tongue_nana:

:beer_cheers:

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This is from www.traxmotorsports.com, where i bought my kit, at the lowest price, as they will beat any price if you get a quote lower than theirs

SwampLite ATV Tire/Wheel Kits

FREE SHIPPING

NEW FOR 2005 and our #1 seller still in 2006

All terrain tire - mud, snow and hardpack...

Super strong 6 Ply construction for longer wear and rugged durability!

Built rim guard protects your wheel from dings and dents while also preventing dirt from wedging between the tire and rim.

Wide-open, extra-deep 2- stage lug and super-aggressive, self-cleaning tread pattern for unmatched traction and handling when the going gets Tuff!

Specifically designed tread pattern constructed to flex more in mud accumulating areas.

Massive tread bars, give the maximum traction in mud and a smooth ride on hard pack surfaces.

Step-down tread pattern adds to the lug strength, and helps in reverse having more edges to grip terrain.

V Forward tread pattern for better steering stability

Deep shoulder tread bars give the traction needed to pull through deep ruts.

Embossed Condor logo on sidewall.

Unique tread pattern allows consistent center tread contact as well as deep, angled shoulder lugs to deliver superior, trail-friendly handling and a smooth ride with excellent traction.

Our kits are on SALE so call or email us for the our bottom line pricing!

1-877-BUY-MOTO

(that's 1-877-289-6686)

or email us at [email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks like the vote it 3 for mudlites / 5 for mudlites and 1 guying saying that both tires are great. this helps a little bit. i'll have to think on it a bit. i've got a few toy's to buy for the truck first. which is the real play toy. then i'll have to make a decision. i'll keep reading and see if i can figure it out. it sounds like i'll be happy either way i go.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Get swamplites. There better than mudlights. They do way better in the mud and you will have more ground clearance than the mudlights because they measure bigger. Clean out pretty good to....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts