Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put about 15 miles on the mudlites today WOW, Trail conditions were frozen just starting to thaw with 1/2 to 1 inch of ice and mashed potato snow. I still had Major traction up and down frozen trails no problem, once I broke through the ice the M/L really fling the $hit compared to the stockers. I think this might be the best mod a person could do to their ATV.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Rockerdude I would have to agree with ya dude I finally got to ride my H1 with the Mudlites on and I put on about 30 miles, this was my first real ride with the XTR's ground mostly frozen and some ice and the new clutch from speedwerx, very happy with the way the quad handles, very smooth, acceleration is good, very happy with the new tires and clutch. :thumbsup: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not hacking on Mudlites, they are a great tire, but I noticed that in the deeper snow they tend to dig down (I dont have them just an observation) anyone else notice this? They all do to a point, but i have Swamp Foxes and they dont do it as bad I thought.

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doober @ Jan 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not hacking on Mudlites, they are a great tire, but I noticed that in the deeper snow they tend to dig down (I dont have them just an observation) anyone else notice this? They all do to a point, but i have Swamp Foxes and they dont do it as bad I thought.[/b]

I like mine but, but the first thing I noticed in a sand pit while attempting to climb a hill with them was they dug themselves 4 nice holes bout half way up :( ..... stopped and a quick drop into low was all I needed to carry on but the stock tires never did that. I guess that can't be good at everything ;)

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
i have mudlites on my 400 and they are great tires they do dig real quick you have to be careful in the mud or like someone said sand etc you can usually just back right out though havent gotten much snow but they seem to do well in deep snow but slide alot on packed or icy snow but i think most tires do my only real dislike is they dont crawl rocks that well but thats my opinion

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
In mealy snow they tend to give me wheel hop which isn't good. Other than that I love them. They do dig, but you just have to remember that and compensate for it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What size Mudlites are on your 400.....I have 25" 589's on my 400 and am thinking of putting Mudlites on it (but bigger)....I see so many sizes (26" ---- should I get 8, 9 or 10 for the front and for the rear I was thinking 12's)????

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (skandic @ Jan 20 2007, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What size Mudlites are on your 400.....I have 25" 589's on my 400 and am thinking of putting Mudlites on it (but bigger)....I see so many sizes (26" ---- should I get 8, 9 or 10 for the front and for the rear I was thinking 12's)????[/b]

I've got 26x10x12 on the front and 26x12x12 on the back of my 400 TRV and they work well, just lost a bit of the top end speed, not by much, but I can turn em in the deep mud no problem .. got to like the 400 down low torque :)

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I put the 26"XTR's on my 500 and if you switch them side to side so the tread is backwards they work really well in snow and do not want to dig a hole so easy and they also don't jump or chatter in the deeper snow as bad.. Basically when you turn them from side to side they pull snow into the tread instead of trying to push it out so they dig less . The really help make mine ride better and turn easier in all conditions and they are an awesome tire for crawling over rocks and other obstacles in the woods

·
Registered
150 Posts
Still haven't really taken my bike out to try the 27" XTR's out yet BUT from going through a field behind my house when I first brought it home after the install.....simply amazing! Way better steering than the stocker's and better ride on the snow. The XTR's just kept me moving through a min. 15 inch's of snow. Some spots I really dug down but I just backed up abit and away I went again. This weekend going out for awhile on the river fishing so I'll see them work out there. I'm not dissappointed so far.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (skandic @ Jan 20 2007, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What size Mudlites are on your 400.....I have 25" 589's on my 400 and am thinking of putting Mudlites on it (but bigger)....I see so many sizes (26" ---- should I get 8, 9 or 10 for the front and for the rear I was thinking 12's)????[/b]
scan, i went from 589's to mud lites and i will NEVER go back!

p.s. for that tire, you will want a 10 in the front and a 12 in the rear as far as width goes good luck

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (enilkm @ Jan 19 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I put about 15 miles on the mudlites today WOW, Trail conditions were frozen just starting to thaw with 1/2 to 1 inch of ice and mashed potato snow. I still had Major traction up and down frozen trails no problem, once I broke through the ice the M/L really fling the $hit compared to the stockers. I think this might be the best mod a person could do to their ATV.[/b]

i have run vamps, 589's and then some.. then i put 27" mud lites on my 400 and never looked back. then i went to 28's before i sold it.. now i am aiming for 30" lites on my 700 efi. mud lite is a light tire that is agressive and still rides like a champ imho.

and for those of you who talk about this tire digging and "wheel hopping" or axle wrapping... any cupped tire that has enough power behind it will dig and or hop. that is just the tire hooking up and letting go very fast. anyone who goes from a stockie to a aggressive tire like a ML will feel like the tire is digging cause that's what it is doing. where a stock tire does not have deep tread or tread spacing to give it the oppurtunity to dig a hole.

all i know is once i get the money aside, i will be going right back to mud lites on my new kity kat. i'll throw up some pics when i get them.

happy camping,

marcus

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's great info on the Mudlites...especially the width: 10" front and 12" rear!! Thanks guys!!

I have 25" Mudlites on my girlfriend's Wolverine and they are the best!!!....8's front and 10's rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
also the (xl) is the deep lug mudlites, bigger sizes automaticaly are the deeper tread but they offer it in the standard and xl patterns in 25/26 inch and under.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i got 26 mudlites 10s in the front and 12s in the rear and at first i was kinda dissapointed since i couldnt get 12s in the front unless i wanted to wait so i settled for the 10s in the front and i absoultly love em on my 07 700 . they do dig down in the sand but hasnt really been an issue but also i have 700cc turning the tires. they crawl in the mud and rocks great and handle in the trails is almost perfect for my likings .ive only test drove one cat with stock tires and i would deffinalty suggest getting rid of the stockers b4 any other mods . what a night and day difference . these kittys werent made for the stockers unless u ride ride any thing other than maybe backyard putting ,the mudlites should come stock but just my opinion.all in all cant go wrong with the mudlites for the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Dogthehunter,

That looks like BullsGap in MI? I found the mudlight XTR's dig alot also but I love the ride and handling it gives and it gives you traction everywhere.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i agree with throtle junkie. the mudlights are a really good trail tire but they suck in mud. i also think that they should come stock.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts