Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this will snound wierd but i have never gone mudboggin with my atv but is it n e thing like ridein in snow?
if it is what is a way to keep my 05 griz 660 with 26in mudlights from highcentering its self like it does in the snow

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It's not like snow in the sense that you won't high center on mud. However, you may high center on something that's under the mud (ie...tree stump, rock, etc...). If you keep high centering on junk in the mud, you could look at a lift kit, but once you start doing that, you start running into potential axle issues due to the increased angles on the CV joints.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is not neccesarily true. It depends on alot of factors about the lift and how it is made I have had none of those issues and I ride the heck out of my 8" lift.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
8" lift on stock axles? No way. :) Stock axles are on the line with 2" lifts. With Gorillas, you're in much better shape. The stockers though...2" is about the max.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry didnt think about stock I run special gorillas. Yeah that is why we have 4 gorillas all the way around with our 4" kit.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Sable, out of curiosity what's the longest axle you've seen? With the lifts out there and all, they have to make some long ones! Also, when they make them longer, do the increase the diameter of the axle itself as well to minimize any twisting effects?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes they make them a little bigger diameter. The longest axles I have seen from gorilla were made for a ODB big orange bike that had 30in of lift. They were long axles.
Pete

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks for the info sanny
and cat

i know its a yami but it hauls
lookin at a dvx instead of my blaster

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Did you find a DVX or are you buying new? I have one that I'm selling. It's a 2004 if you're interested at all (I'm in the Twin Cities area). Either way, have fun on it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts