Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mud Pro 1000 that has recently begun to stall without warning when driving. The engines cuts out and immediately loses power; the speedometer dial cycles up then down making a faint ticking sound, and "FUEL" is flashed up on the display. If I turn the ignition off/on and put tranny into neutral, it will start without problem until it randomly repeats itself.

I ran it until almost empty and filled with premium fuel but that hasn't solved my problem.

Any suggestions for me to diagnose the issue?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Is the battery good and charge all the way? I had a similar problem with my 700 mud pro, come to find out it was a weak battery. Reason why that is it takes a lot of juice to run the efi systems.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call...battery tested low although I haven't had any issues starting it. Got it on the charger and will take it for a rip in a bit to get it out. I suppose -25 celcius weather doesn't help.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Lol! What does that kind of cold even feel like?! Hope that helps.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is the fuel pump. My buddy's 2010 700s had the same symptoms as your and mine but his wasn't the battery like I explained. His would run good cold but once it warmed up ran like crap and shut off. Turned out to be the fuel pump. If you have a way to check the fuel pressure from the fuel pump l would do that and go from there.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
So fuel seeps past the bad o ring on the regulator causing it lose fuel pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-25 feels like the worst brainfreeze ever with your nostrils freezing shut when breathing in.

I'll look at the fuel pump this weekend. Also wondering if some gas line antifreeze may be the solution.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
-40 is fun too lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've deer hunted in 16 degrees with the wind blowing and that about killed me:cold:, it doesn't get that cold here in the dirty south just HOT lol! I don't know anything about that gas line antifreeze but give a try and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you end getting a fix for this fuel problem??? My 2010 mud pro 1000 recently did the same thing that you described....

·
Registered
2006 Cat 650V2, 2013 Cat Mudpro 1000, 2001 Dodge Cummins 4x4, 2012 Dodge Cummins 4X4
6 Posts
My 2013 did that and it was the roll over sensor mounted under the tail light. I bought a new one and it fixed my problem temporarily. I actually had to take the new one apart and add a thin washer to make it a little tighter. Mine did it mostly going up hill. After I added the shim I started the machine and turned the sensor upside down by hand to make sure it was working properly before I remounted it. I have not had a problem in over a year since I did that. I had the same problem on my 08 thunder cat also. I hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts