Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info on putting a mud pro snorkle on my thundercat . it is really clean looking but someone told me it ia gonna starve my bike for air . Has anyone else heard this ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Just to be safe I bought the factory air intake off the Mud Pro 1000 and have never had a problem. Everything else I used pvc and flex pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
IMO the best way to go is to run 1.5" flex hose up into the mudpro snorkel cover. Will be much cheaper and look just as clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im getting ready to snorkle my 2009 Thundercat 1000 H2 and I see a 2" times 2 for the air box intake, but do you see any reason to T the belt case breather together and down size to 1" pipe there ?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Im getting ready to snorkle my 2009 Thundercat 1000 H2 and I see a 2" times 2 for the air box intake, but do you see any reason to T the belt case breather together and down size to 1" pipe there ?
Um you try and run the motor and belt on a 1 inch pipe your gonna smoke the belt and kill starve that motor.

And justin who ever told you that the mudpro snorkel will starve your thundercat is an idiot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will use 2 in on the air intake, what do you think is the smallest I can go on the belt breather, Im going to put the mudpro stack on my Thundercat and want all the piping to fit inside it for looks.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
1.5 flex hose will fit in the mudpro snorkel...any smaller then 1.5 you wont get enough air flow....i for one wont run smaller then 2 but thats me

Reactions: Nemi

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My set us is the same as running cats. Mud Pro intake inside the cover with 1.5" PVC and flex for the belt. Works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the mudpro snorkel intake for my thundercat and more than one dealer told me it fits on the same as if it were going on the mudpro 1000. Basically it won't affect anything if the mudpro can do it, the thundercat is the exact same machine minus the obvious features.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Your T-Cat won't starve with the MudPro set up that's for sure but it would definantly eat better with a full 2" snorkel. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe K&N make a filter for the T-Cat. The factory filter can flow really good when taken care of. Unfortunately no air filter will over come a restriction in intake tubing. :(

·
Administrator
42,249 Posts
Get a uni filter

·
Administrator
42,249 Posts
Uni makes the stock ac filters so the aftermarket ones fit good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.