Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking for new machine. Is the MP700 a good trail machine or is it a overkill. I also do technical trails also. I ride with a group of people around 30mph and do come across mud hole in our path every now and then. Mostly clay, sand, crushed lime and paved surfaces.Hope some Mp owners can help me out. Thanks

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
The MUDPRO. Is a purpose built mud mud machine hence the name. It's higher center of gravity larger tires and lower gearing do not make it the best trail machine.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The MUDPRO. Is a purpose built mud mud machine hence the name. It's higher center of gravity larger tires and lower gearing do not make it the best trail machine.
+1 on this but at the same time it wont drowned your motor because it does have a snorkel and is made for that kind of stuff. There really isnt a machine that is made for both deep mud and trails. You have to make your own. On your trails do you climb steep mountains or hills? If so like everyone else already said in your other post the mud pro sits high and will feel top heavy. I personally think all Arctic Cat's sit somewhat high but I love the look and the feel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I have MP. I'm on the west coast in Canada. The trails out here are tight , off camber , lotsa roots lotsa rocks too. It is a big machine. It's centre of gravity is certainly high. But also has superior ground clearance. Mine is a 2010 so it has the 4:10 gearing. Out tha gate it's pretty quick but the downside is that 70 km/h is pretty much tops. The snorkel system is a good thing to have if you like to play around in deep water. This machine does water wheelie quite easily. Putting solid motor mounts on this machine is highly recommended cause its so torky. The aarm bushings "Oem style " aren't good at all, I'm assuming its cause of the bigger wheel/ tire combo.
I do have a lot of fun with it. I now have over 3300 km on it now. It looks pretty cool. All machines regardless of make and models have their downsides. Sometimes it may be more operator error than anything.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I believe the 4.10's were in the 09 model year and I think all Mudpro's received 3.1's from 2010 on. Good bikes though, my wife has a 2013 700 MudPro.

·
Registered
186 Posts
well I have a 2011 mudpro 7 and I had absolutely no problem trail riding with a few polarises a brand new 400ho an 05 500 and an 03 600 all sportsmans and to top it of my (mud) machine rode better than all thier (trail) machines. oh and the trail we ride is rated moderate to difficult skill level here in wi

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
The gearing is actually 4.0 not 4.10

Reactions: MUDinmyBLOOD

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
Lol first on race day!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the helpfull info. I have owned many cats I'm going to stick with them and dump idea of Can-am. Reason I was asking question on MP is my dealer has a Limited 700 and a MP 700. There is only a $ 400.00 difference $10850.00 for MP. Im going to get 700 but what one? Ugg decisions Clap

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Mud pro. I would. If you know how to ride and can handle the ground clearance then id go with that.

That said,if you were to get the 700 limited, spend moneu on tires, lift, snorkels your over the 400 dollar difference.

No one leaves anything a stocker, if your a male more power and bigger is better. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it would not stay totally stock I wouls upgrade tires. How fast Does MP top out at? Most or trails I go to are around Black rivers wis and wild rivers trail in wis. Among placed in southern ill. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
55 mph. Fast enough to get hurt. Also the MudPro has about 10 HP over the 700 LTD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.