Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I googled and searched forums for info on adding the TRV passenger seat to back of my 2011 MP 1000 and couldn't find any solid answers. Then I called two dealerships and asked the parts people if it was possible to piece it together since the frames and everything are basically identical. Both dealers said no. Well.....It's very possible. I just compared the parts diagrams for the TRV/Diesel models with the MP 1000 and it looked the same to me so I ordered the rear TRV rear rack frame on eBay, L & R rear fender supports and the TRV seat kit off of Country Cat, and the L&R rear TRV footwells off ebay. BAM! Fit like a glove. Trying to load pics of my rig on here for you to see...

·
Administrator
35,446 Posts
Excellent !! Do you have part #'s ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2016 mud pro 1000 and would like to do this passenger seat mod on mine. Can you provide P/N's for what you had to buy to make this seat kit from Country Cat bolt up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
You might check eBay for the rear seat. I found one for my Diesel for about half price, it was exactly the same as the one that came on my TRV. They are surprisingly comfortable. Nice job, Silas.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You might check eBay for the rear seat. I found one for my Diesel for about half price, it was exactly the same as the one that came on my TRV. They are surprisingly comfortable. Nice job, Silas.
I have not tried the passenger seat myself, but on our little ride we did the other day to test out the Arctic Cat TRV my wife commented on the seat being comfortable. My only problem so far with the Arctic Cat is lack of storage for some of my junk I like to carry along. I may have to try and look into some sort of front rack hard case storage that I would like.

Tony

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have not tried the passenger seat myself, but on our little ride we did the other day to test out the Arctic Cat TRV my wife commented on the seat being comfortable. My only problem so far with the Arctic Cat is lack of storage for some of my junk I like to carry along. I may have to try and look into some sort of front rack hard case storage that I would like.
Tony

Tony, I don't know what type of storage your looking for, but look at the pics of mine in my profile....

·
Registered
493 Posts
or buy a trv, make it a mud pro and enjoy the longer wheel base for a more comfortable ride.
That's right it can work either way.

Alex nice mod idea on the tool box front storage box.

Tony

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Thanks Tony... I got the idea from this forum...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Philmo11
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing