Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mud PRO 1000, 30" zillas, EPI kit, Efi tune, Hmf pipe, cust fender guards, 30"LED bar.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess it’s time to invest in a new diff and build some braces???!,case blew apart where pinion mesh’s with ring gear,,, I don’t understand why arcticat uses the same diff from a 500 to 1000 models
All the parts numbers are the same from ring to pinion gear.., how can they be made to handle the torque of a 1000cc engine?

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,968 Posts
Never ever seen one blow up like that. I’ve seen them break the mounts.

·
Registered
2013 Mud PRO 1000, 30" zillas, EPI kit, Efi tune, Hmf pipe, cust fender guards, 30"LED bar.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never ever seen one blow up like that. I’ve seen them break the mounts.
Ya was in low and got on it a little and bam..I am running 30s with epi clutch kit and efi tune,,
oh it blew the bottom mount right apart as well,, left the bolt in place, and now I have it fab up a new factory top mount as it sheard off the ears completely from the frame ..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 1000MP don't know all the details like year etc he has big tires clutch kit etc etc basically all the mods

He rides it hard and through some really deep mud in the swift near Coldwater Ontario
He has had it 4 years and gone through 2 diffs and two axles
Never seen his diffs do what yours did
His normally just breakup internally

He loves the MP and just considers the repairs the cost of having fun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buddy of mine has a 1000MP don't know all the details like year etc he has big tires clutch kit etc etc basically all the mods

He rides it hard and through some really deep mud in the swift near Coldwater Ontario
He has had it 4 years and gone through 2 diffs and two axles
Never seen his diffs do what yours did
His normally just breakup internally

He loves the MP and just considers the repairs the cost of having fun
hmm, well mine did tear right where it meshes, but some strong case flex for sure, a design flaw form arctic cat using the same diff case and gearing form a 500,600,700 all the same for the 1000, i have made up some custom braces for the new diff, will post pictures when all done, hope to bullet proof this 1000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts