Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for new tires for a 2003 400I, I want a good all around tire that will work on trails, snow, and mud.
I don't do alot of riding on the pavement. I need something that will work well going up hills in the timber on frozen ground maybe dragging a deer or load of firewood. I also plow snow with this quad. I am looking for a good price, so as I don't piss off the wife. I will probally be putting on 300 to 400 mile a year.

I would prefer to stay with 25's, but I don't want my buddies to have to pull me out if we hit some mudholes.

I have also looked at MUDLITES 25xl, and Mudgear tires.

Any thoughts would be great.

BOWDUDE
bang your head

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Mud Bugs seem to be a pretty decent tire. I think there are several people on here who use them. Hopefully one of them will be by soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
The mudlites would probably be a good tire choice for you.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The bugs should work nicely in your application, they wear really good, are a very good all around tire, and are great in snow. Buddy of mine has about 3000 KM on his 04 400 and has had 26" bugs on it since day one, his tires are still probably at 75-80 percent, and his machine sees much gravel road an pavement riding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MUDBUGS came in today. I hope to get them on this week. We have had alot of snow, and its starting to melt.
BOWDUDE

·
Registered
79 Posts
what kind of power loss did you notice with the mudbugs on your 400? I am strongly considering getting the 25" for my 400 and want to know if it is a good choice...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
400 4X4,
I have been working like crazy, so I haven't even had a chance to get out in the woods with them. Just running through the yard and up and down the road I notice no power loss at all.
They are very aggresive. I will be taking her out this weekend, I will post likes and dislikes.
BOWDUDE

·
Registered
151 Posts
I personally luv my mud bugs, there one of the best all around tire out there, and there very light!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any1 see the Mud Bug R's yet? They are sort of a cross between the mudzilla and the mud bugs's but they are light like the mud bugs and are radial. Looks like a nice tire, I think when maxxis made it they were targeting Itp's mud lite xtr.

Ac King

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ac king, I seen the advertisement for the mudbugs radials in the new quad mag. Smart move by them. looks like to be good all around tire.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would guess they would be a bit more $ for the radial construction but i'm not positve. A lot of people buy mud tires when they ride mostly trails and mud isn't a big part of their rides. So, to sort of repeat what hoopie said, this would be a great all-round tire IMO and thats what would suit a lot of people the best. The Mud Bug R rear tire 25x10x12 weighs 22lbs with 1 inch lugs and the Mud Bug 25x10x12 weighs 23.1lbs with 1.2 inch lugs, so weight is nearly identical u get a bit more lug for the extra 1.1lbs.

AC king

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I have had the bugs out four times, twice riding with the wife on the back and 4 year old on the front, once just me, and once towing boat with my dad and 10 year inside. These were all muddy trips, the boat came out of the pond through 40 acres of timber and ravines.
What can I say, I have yet to have to put her in four wheel drive since putting the new tires on. Rockerdude

I have to say so far 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I have noticed no power loss. With the 10" tire on the back instead of the 11" factory tires she slides between the tight trees a whole lot better.

BOWDUDE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts