Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I got them on today and I'd like to know what kind of pressure you guys are putting in them. We have got some snow on the ground here, not much in the sun but in places in the trees, there's still about 8". First ride out and I was really dissappointed. They weren't hooking up as well in the snow and on the gravel as the stockers. I got down in the trees and hit a spot I couldn't get up in 2wd that normally is not a problem. That's when I realized I hadn't checked the pressure. Luckily, I had my handy little gauge in the rack bag so I checked all 4. Every one of them went over 12 psi, the limit of the gauge. I backed them off to 7 and it went much better. I was then able to hook up as well as the stockers. Backed them off to 4 psi and then realized it was time for supper so I put it away for the night, not even a Cat with new treads can keep me away from my wife's shrimp fettucine alfredo. Anyway, I measured the height of the tires on the machine, 25". That surprised me, because I had measured the increase of GC from 10 1/4" up front and 10 3/4"in the rear to 12" both with the new tires on. Makes me happy, but now I wonder what the stock tires measured from concrete to their tops. Anyways, let me know what you run in yours.
JD

·
Registered
51 Posts
5psi in the front and 4psi in the back. But mine are 28's.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lucky.
JD

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put 4 psi all the way around and went playing the other day. Worked great, wonderful traction. I think I'm really gonna like these things.
JD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts