Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. I just got a set of supports from old cat man and I'd like to know how to put them on the sled. Im assuming you rivit them but does anyone have any measure ments on how to do that. Pics would also be nice but i'm more intrested in the measure ments.

Thanx, crossfire 6

·
Registered
275 Posts
i havent recieved mine yet, but I would assume, you just hold them on, mark the holes, drill, rivet?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got mine from OCM yesterday.
Set them on the foot rail, centre punch two holes, drill'em out, rivet the mounts with holes, drill and pop the rest.

Thanks OCM, they look great, top quality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Floorazz;

What kind of rivets did you use? I'm guessing just pop rivets. anything special or just aluminum? What size?
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got a set from OCM but have not been up north to install. Line up the bottom between the stars and start in the middle of the support. Drill 3/16 inch hole and pop rivet away! I will be using high strength steel rivets from CAT dealer. Look at previous posts to see an install. [ TUNNEL SUPPORT ISSUES] Quality from OMC looks great and can't wait to get them on my sled. Webr

·
Registered
275 Posts
OMC , thanks, these look great.... talked to my cat dealer, He is going to install them with cat rivets for me to "smooth" things over for me...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put on a set from OCM, and used aluminum rivets, went up to the U.P. last weekend and put on 400 miles. Trail 8 from whitefish point to grand marias was beat up and I rode it hard. lots of jumps. no problems. I also added more spring to my front shock, 1 1/2 turns. great job OCM.............. :super_happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts