Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning up my sled for a upcoming trip friday. I noticed a bolt in my belly pan. It turns out that the bolt was for the front left motor mount. After messing with it for awhile, I found out that I will have to take off the bracket to get to the hole on the motor mount. My question is how do you remove the bracket from the motor and keep the engine from droping down? Or will the other motor mounts hold the engine in place? Please help, I need to get it fixed tomorrow night. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i do not understand what you are asking.you might have to loosen the other mounts to get what you need out.can you give me more detail to your question

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope this picture helps to show what I am trying to explain. I am trying to replace bolt #38 (left side) which fell out, but the only way I can get to it and be able to tighten it is to take off bracket #35 which is the motor mount bracket. My question is, can I take this bracket off without the motor dropping? My main fear is that I will take that bracket off, the motor will drop, and I will not be able to get it back on. I leave for a trip friday and don't want to take the chance of not getting my sled back together.

[attachment=62976:0734_570_s.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
The other 3 motor mounts should hold the motor in place while you pull that bracket...even if they don't, that little twin doesn't weigh that much...if it were me, its a no brainer, pull the bracket and make the repair....

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree, easy repair. The motor won't drop much if at all. Moving the motor back up is easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts