Arctic Cat Forum banner

56261 - 56280 of 56346 Posts

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
All this just to change the starter on an eu3000is Honda generator.

It wouldn't run right because the spark arrestor was completely plugged.

They burnt out the starter trying to start it. Lol it runs like a top with no spark arrestor.
The eu2000i just needed some TLC and it also runs great.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,
Doorfx, That generator actually looks pretty clean inside the case. I agree, that seems like a lot of tear down to replace a starter. But, you kinda need those. 🙃
Stopped by Haydays on Sunday for a quick visit. I'm not sure what it says about the sport, the place was really busy. I usually like going the last day because the crowds are smaller. We had rain in the forecast so I expected it to be fairly dead. It certainly was not the case this year.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Morning peeps
With all the uncertainty surrounding arctic cat I’m surprised that there was that many people there. Lots of doom and gloom people out there

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
I visited with quite a few vendors that show year after year. There was a fairly common theme with their comments. Good snow years make good shows.
I'm not much of a doom and gloom type, so I look at the facts. I also look at the source of doom and gloom rhetoric. It generally keeps getting repeated by the same folks over and over. I'm actually surprised that we didn't see changes come earlier. Business is business. I love the sport and would love to see things stay the same. I also spent a lot of time in those boring money and strategy meetings. The sad reality is that the way we used to do things isn't going to stay.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,
Thunder and lightning to start out the day last two days. Never really thought about it before, but why do we say thunder and lightning. Seems like it should be lightning and thunder when you think about the sequence. Anyhow, it has rained plenty. Fields have seen 6-8 inches since Saturday. That much rain would be downright scary if we had any chance of seeing harvest start any time soon. Hopefully, it does run a good dry spell. Combine with a full tank weighs over 80K. They sink pretty fast when you get that kind of rain.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Morning all! I can only imagine what you guys are going through with crops still in the field. Weather sure turned cool and wet pretty quick here. All I see left around here are beans and corn. Supposed to get an inch or so of rain later and some more tomorrow. No heat left to dry anything out. Then again it’s been so dry all summer the ground has sucked a lot up. Forecast says 28-29 Celsius by Monday Tuesday though.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,
Doorfx, is that wheat still in the field?

The weather peeps are saying that the fall colors should be outstanding with all the rain this year.

We went to an Oktoberfest thingy yesterday. The wife has an old dirndl that she sometimes throws on for these things. She asked me to do a search on how to tie the apron? I honestly didn't think that could be so complicated. Of course, I was wrong. 😊 There are rules to properly tie an apron. Who knew?

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
@favoritos
Not being a farmer I only recognize Barley lol it may very well be as there were a lot of combines out.

Looks like time to renew! Clubs are a great way to promote responsible riding.

IMG_0646.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,
Pretty fancy looking sticker. Is that something like a registration sticker that needs to be displayed?
We have local registration stickers and additional trail permit stickers for each state down here. If you ride in a lot of areas, you can forget graphics. Just cover the sled with stickers. I have yet to see any of those stickers look good. Their primary function is to be seen. Bright colors and large size seems to be the norm.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
No it’s a volunteer organization. The sticker is just a nice touch.
We have to have valid insurance and registration, as in a license plate.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,
I guess I'm glad we don't have to install plates on our sleds.
Not sure what you guys are seeing for weather? It is crazy hot and humid here. Peak of summer kind of heat. No hurricanes though. It isn't often that you see the leaves falling and hear the AC units running at the same time.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Morning all! Big storm heading our way today. Just started raining now. More rain and high winds expected later. It’s uncanny that every time we book for camping, the weekend we pick has a storm. We booked a month ago. I doubt we’ll head out today now. I think I have to go change my underwear now as a crack of lightning just scared the out of me. I’m sure the power will go out soon too. It seems to always happen with these storms.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
I don't mind a good storm once and awhile. Have to admit they get in the way of plans though. No camping, but a lot of projects have been on hold.
660catman, do you guys need to book camping spots in advance most of the time?

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I don't mind a good storm once and awhile. Have to admit they get in the way of plans though. No camping, but a lot of projects have been on hold.
660catman, do you guys need to book camping spots in advance most of the time?
Camping has become popular and more people buying campers vs tenting restricts the sites in our campgrounds. The government ones have not kept up with site size and facilities like water and power. Manitoba campground booking opens up at beginning of April. You can wait an hour to get through and finally start booking. Most book what they want for their summer plans and you can only book 3 reservations. Good luck in finding a site in July or August at most campgrounds. For Ontario in which I prefer you book 5 months in advance of your arrival date. Once you book there you cannot change it for a month and you pay a big fee if you cancel.
We booked for this weekend to get the better full service sites in amongst the trees which is usually out of the wind.
So many people have gone the route of getting seasonal sites that it’s hard to get those too.
When we went to Yellowstone back in June we did not book anything. I tell you we were lucky to get sites when we wanted them. I can’t imagine travelling there in July or August. Walmart parking lot here we come lol!!!

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
We have the same issue here with camping grounds. That is why we go find a nice secluded spot by a river and set up camp. No fees, no people no headaches.
Random camping or squatting is allowed here in Alberta.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I'll be honest, I didn't know that camping filled up so quickly. I assumed that you had more available per capita. We have problems down here, and it also seems to be getting worse. MN is experimenting with a couple of different solutions at state sites. I'm not sure what the latest process involves now. I do know it isn't easy to just a take off and find a spot at state sites. There are a couple of small county parks by the farm that often have plenty of spots open when I drive by.(I often take a driving break in the campgrounds). They are nice little and remote campgrounds too. No power or sewer hookups though. Just some fancy outhouse facilities.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Doorfx, that is also pretty cool to know. I have done some random camping/squatting in Europe. Many moons back was the last time. I'm not sure if that is still an option? They were having problems with some traveling groups that made a nice ol mess and wouldn't leave.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Morning Gang,

I like to grab a sugary treat once and awhile. I was working on a putzy project yesterday and grabbed some trick or treat snacks. I ended up finishing off the stash before I realized. I mentioned to her that we need to buy more. I was informed that we hadn't purchased any for the season. Oh well, we should have a fresh batch for the doorbell demons this year.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Morning peeps

@fav
When I quit smoking years ago, I was eating chocolate to replace the cravings. One night I stopped at Superstore and bought $60 worth of Halloween treats for me lol

@CATMAN
Wow did you guys ever get some rain. I saw on the news all the flooded streets !

56261 - 56280 of 56346 Posts