·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Sorry to miss you this time Catman

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Sorry to miss you this time Catman
Another time. 2 hour lunch with wife’s aunt and all the construction set us back and only got to Revelstoke. Went for walk after supper. Columbia River just down the street.

IMG_2403.JPG

·
Super Moderator
8,374 Posts
Morning Gang,
Beauty. The mountain views always seem to remind me of how impressively that nature gal does her work. :)
I'm kinda simple myself. I'm still impressed by a nice looking corn field too.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Morning peeps
Nice pics Catman, you were in snowmobile heaven when you were in Revelstoke. In the winter it is so packed with sledders it’s hard to find a room.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Morning all!
Favoritos, we have some pretty impressive corn fields around me. Our heat did them some good. Haven’t seen in a long time but when flax is blooming. That colour is nice.
Doorfx, I get the magazine snoriderswest. They have stories on all the sled areas to ride in western Canada. Now onward to the busy metropolis of Vancouver.

·
Super Moderator
8,374 Posts
Morning Gang,
6paxer, you nailed the weather. ;) Absolutely beautiful weather around this region if you like sunny and nice.
660catman, I have not seen a field of flax in years, maybe even decades. We rarely see much small grain of any kind down here. Land is too expensive.
Our corn looks good this year. It did last year as well, but the yield didn't pan out. The stalks grew, but didn't produce good ears. It was kinda sad to see the real yields on the monitor and in the bins. We have had cooler than normal temps this year and a very late planting. I don't expect any bin buster yields.

I was doing some more work in an old house this week. Had a hall/stairway cabinet that needed a refreshing, so I removed it to do the work. I found this behind the cabinet.
20190828_143609.jpg

Sometimes you never know what you will find.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Morning all! Back in Medicine Hat AB on our last leg of our trip. Being a morning person it sure is frustrating to travel with people who are not lol. 10 more hours to go. Sure notice how the hotel rates jump up because of the long weekend especially in BC. Gas was 1.53 a litre in BC and we paid 91.9 in Calgary.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
I couldn’t agree more lol the wife is Not a morning person.
Did you get gas at Costco?
I’m still out camping

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
I couldn’t agree more lol the wife is Not a morning person.
Did you get gas at Costco?
I’m still out camping
Made it home. Got the gas at a Shell on Chaparral blvd way in the SE. most stations after that were over a buck.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Morning peeps
Last day in the bush. Weather is beauty here yesterday and today. Mostly cloudy and cool before that.
Lots of firewood cut for next season.

·
Super Moderator
8,374 Posts
Morning Gang,
Tree branches must be getting a little lighter. It actually isn't leaves falling yet. They're not fruit trees either. Or maybe, I'm shrinking. ;) For some reason, I can get around the yard work easier now without fighting the tree branches. I usually plan to lop off the low branches every year. Looks like that little project can wait.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Morning gang
Weekend off then headed to Saskatoon for four days.
Picked up an ms241c-m pro saw for $20 at an oilfield company sell off. No bar or chain and a busted clutch brake. Cost me $120 in parts. Awesome saw runs like a top. $749 retail lol

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Doorfx, you gotta love those Stihl’s. what a deal you got. I gave my 026 a workout today. Had to cut a row of trees down as they were all dead. 3 rows of trees between us and the neighbour and 1 is completely dead. Who knows why? Ordered a replacement oil fill cap as it’s broken and doesn’t seal. Got one of them 2in1 Stihl chain sharpeners. Man are they slick and work great.
Tomorrow it’s burn day if it’s not windy.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
I was thinking of getting one of those. Can you post a pic of it?
I might just buy an electric sharpener. STIHL has chains on sale buy one get one 1/2 price.
I stole two Honda generators, an atv lift and a Weller soldering kit with a few rolls of solder, at the same place. $300 for the eu3000is and the eu2000i that both need some minor work. Total score , I can’t stop smiling.
Could have bought a case skid steer for $11,000 if I had a place for it lol

It’s sad too see how many oilfield companies are going broke here!

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Boy you did steal those generators. Here’s a pic of the sharpener. Different sizes based on chain pitch. Mine is the
.325. Cheaper at dealer than online.
IMG_2433.JPG

Edit: caught by the grammar police on spelling “steal”. Lol

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
Yep that’s the one I was looking at.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Morning!! Doorfx, Stihl, for the longest time had buy one chain get another free here. Haven’t bought one in a while cause I had three. I ruined one cutting into granite when winter camping last year. You really have to look at what’s under the log you’re cutting. Failed to clear ALL the snow to see the rock. Anyway I have read in another forum I belong to, that guys touch them up after cutting for a few hours. It makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
8,374 Posts
Morning Gang,

I've been away from the chainsaw life for quite a few years. Old place was heated with wood. Spent plenty of time with saws and splitters back then. It is actually a bit difficult to find good standing wood around here now. I went to the simple life at home and heat with a touch of the thermostat. The only saw I own now is junk. It only needs to do miscellaneous storm cleanup.
BTW, I did see a funny thing at a local dealer last year. They sell various yard equipment along with the Cat brand. I was in for some parts and a customer walked in with a saw that he said had a bad chain "or something". The mechanic wasn't a saw guy, so he just plopped the thing off to the side. I happened to glance at it quick to see if the saw was maintained. The customer had somehow put the chain on backward. I honestly had no idea that it could even be installed backward. It is a little scary to think that they were actually running a chainsaw.

56241 - 56260 of 56368 Posts