Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More pics here, Alcan 200 sled race in southwest Yukon.... cold day, -15 Celsius... Several classes of sleds, 440-500, fan cooled, 600, 700-open and even an oldies class (all sleds over 20 years old!) Had everything from new turbo charged yammi phazers to new F1000's to old school leaf spring runners..top speed of the day was an astounding 151MPH on a yamaha SRX 700, heavy mod. The cat 1000 hit 135 with stock gearing.. more pics coming from today after our ride... snowed all night, and the temperature has risen to 0 Celsius.... should be a great day! :beer_cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Cool photo's. I love the second to the last one with the guy on the F1000 wearing the ski-doo pants.

·
Registered
145 Posts
what's with all the extra bogey wheels on the machines that the guys with the orange bibs are riding?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy on the F1000 is a ski doo racer, The local cat dealer stole him to race for them this year, they didn't get him new clothes, apparently... the extra bogie wheels are for less friction, as it is a road race, friction means less speed... which is bad... most of the open class sleds were running extra heat exchangers on the back as well to keep cool... ice on a highway does little for lubrication and cooling.
mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
How many miles is the race. It looks like a blast.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its around 175 miles, or around 200 km's, its called the Alcan 200... i think there is a website, just search the name on google or something, it should come up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So they run this on pretty much a packed down and smoothed out road?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya, pretty much... its a paved highway in the summer... one of the better ones... it gets closed alot in the winter, and its never scraped to the pavement

·
Registered
85 Posts
If only I had the time and $$$... bang your head

1 - 12 of 12 Posts