Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=60047:101_1050.JPG][attachment=60050:101_1052.JPG]
what do you guys think..... ArcticChat.com decal, has to be worth what, 4 maybe 5 mph??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll have to check with dealer, but believe those decals do NOT void warranty either.....

:D

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
i'll have to check with dealer, but believe those decals do NOT void warranty either.....[/b]

I think your engine should not be cover under warrenty with after market decals.....they, (the decals) increase air flow into the engine therefore void warrenty....lol

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Adding decals actually slow the sled down, the added weight of the decals would take away more than they would add. Also the sharp edge of the decals would act as a air dam and create drag and that further slows you down ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Jan 9 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Adding decals actually slow the sled down, the added weight of the decals would take away more than they would add. Also the sharp edge of the decals would act as a air dam and create drag and that further slows you down ;)[/b]
The decals are made from a space-age polymer recently developed by NASA. Small teflon type ridges create a "spooning" effect on the air flowing over the sled, thus deflecting air away from the sled creating a virtual vacuum around the sled and rider. Very similar to the "drafting" or "slingshot" method made famous by Nascar, only you dont need anyone in front of you to take advantage of it. In a nutshell, the more AFX stickers you buy, the faster you will be. :super_happy:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Nah, still won't buy any, bad enough have to put a permit and licence decals on it

·
Registered
41 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Colby64 @ Jan 8 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[attachment=60047:101_1050.JPG][attachment=60050:101_1052.JPG]
what do you guys think..... ArcticChat.com decal, has to be worth what, 4 maybe 5 mph??[/b]
I noticed the USI skis on your sled. How do you like them and what stage are you normally using??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts