Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after all the engine problems we had they seem to be fixed. And now was out riding last weekend and the rear driveshaft went, bad enough right. Got it home and now the 4wd actuator is stuck in 4wd lock. Only 1289 miles on machine. OMG

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well I am not feeling to good I have a 2011 XTX hope I don't have any trouble out of mine. What was your engine trouble?

Rear drive shaft went? Like broke joint?? Does the actuator try to move??

I see you are running 30" tires what kind of lift are you running? I need about a 2" cause the springs sag and the rear scrapes on rocks and ridges in the trail. Was thinking of a High Lifter lift. Just don't want to stress my axles too much.

Thanks

·
Administrator
40,662 Posts
Well after all the engine problems we had they seem to be fixed. And now was out riding last weekend and the rear driveshaft went, bad enough right. Got it home and now the 4wd actuator is stuck in 4wd lock. Only 1289 miles on machine. OMG

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2
I'm sorry but if your running 30" silverbacks and a lift stuff is going to break I don't care what brand you have. You have to pay to play

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am not feeling to good I have a 2011 XTX hope I don't have any trouble out of mine. What was your engine trouble?

Rear drive shaft went? Like broke joint?? Does the actuator try to move??

I see you are running 30" tires what kind of lift are you running? I need about a 2" cause the springs sag and the rear scrapes on rocks and ridges in the trail. Was thinking of a High Lifter lift. Just don't want to stress my axles too much.

Thanks
Engine trouble was kept breaking ring landings on piston till this last time when we changed the cylinder. Dont worry about ur driveshaft its only the HDX that has this set up on such an angle. Ujoint didnt break it just wore out and I didn't catch it. I wish they would put a greaseable joint in there, or get rid of the extreme angle its on.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 and TapaTalk 2

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No lift kit required, only thing I did was upgrade the front shocks to ryde fx shocks off of the 1000 xtz to get rid of the sag. Tires just slightly rub when extreme flexing

Sent from my Galaxy S4 and TapaTalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
I would be happy you only broke the driveshaft. With those big tires you are putting a lot more stress on the driveline. It could have been a diff and lot's more money.

The actuators act up when the get water in the them. I have had luck opening them up then clean, dry and seal up with silicone. FYI: after cleaning and drying I plug them in and make sure they work before sealing up and reinstalling. Good luck cause those little black boxes are $$$$$$.

·
Registered
996 Posts
a bore that big with a skirt that short puts a lot of stress on that bore and piston, i told the techs at cat that was going to happen when they first came out. must be why they keep supersedeing it, the 650 was pushing the limit of bore to stroke combo's they should have just stroked the 650, would have had more torque. but then they would be bustin more drive line stuff.

·
Registered
996 Posts
if they could build a good dampener,the one they put in the 950 thundercat rear diff is junk. i'm no engineer but iv'e been inside of a lot of engines, so i know what works and what ain't going to. i got bloody knuckle experiance, not book learned, but corperate don't want to listen to an old man. lol...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts