Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an stock 04 sabercat ext 700 efi and am looking for more low and mid range power.would putting boyesen reeds in with the stock cage do much and also a big flow intake or should i be looking more at clutching or changing gears.i really dont need the top end over 85 mph.any help or suggestions would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
i have an stock 04 sabercat ext 700 efi and am looking for more low and mid range power.would putting boyesen reeds in with the stock cage do much and also a big flow intake or should i be looking more at clutching or changing gears.i really dont need the top end over 85 mph.any help or suggestions would be appreciated
go to the bar and spend 400 bucks and you will get the same results as adding reeds and a intake tube.

Clutch the thing and be done with it. They are geared pretty good from the factory.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats kind of what i thought but problem is i dont drink much anymore.GregB,you have any clutch concoctions that i could start with,i dont have any clue where to start.i can do the work on it but dont know the weights and springs to use.any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
When was the clutch last gone thru? When were all the shaft bearings changed? Chaincase oil changed? Chain itself? If all that isn't done then you are blowing money on a clutch kit also.
Was at the parts store the other day and a guy was asking how to make his sled faster he held up his chain and it was totally dry of oil.
Well Ill tell ya one way...:lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure when anything was serviced except the chain case oil because i just put a new chain backer in last week.i bought it in late dec so not sure when anything was seviced but i was going to change the shaft bearings this summer.i really dont want it to go faster in fact it could slow a bit but want more bottom and mid range for playing aroung on the hills and in snow drifts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.