Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that im going to put a more agressive track on my sled than the stocker , i was going to put a camoplast ripsaw with 1.25" lugs on . does anyone in here have this on a zr1 style sno pro ( mine is a 99' ) also does anyone have expiereance with a track that has every 3rd window clipped or should i just go with a full clip . i was just wondering because if its not going to cause problems i'd like to keep the rotating mass down
thanks for your info !
tom

·
Administrator
7,991 Posts
My kids 02 ZR 600 came from the factory with clips every third. Most tracks come that way now. A ripsaw 1.25 is a good choice/good track.

·
Registered
215 Posts
love my ripsaw, its clipped every 3rd!
only problem is there will be more friction in low snow conditions so more hyfax wear.
not a big deal though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the ripsaw with every 3rd window clipped, great track, i do notice it with low snow conditions(like the sides of roads) have to drag a foot to kick up some snow into the suspension or it's like slightly holding the brake when ya let off the power, it's not the best for breaking your own trail in feilds though, othere then that i like it(it's also got 144 studs) Rockerdude

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've got a 1 3/8" predator on my 98' and love it. I wouldn't ever put anything but a full clip track on my sled. Every third clipped track I have ever seen eats slides 2-3 times as fast as a full clip. The weight difference is minimal since the Camoplast tracks weigh less than your stocker anyway.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Eats sliders? Not if the track is tensioned on the loose side of spec.................I've run entire 7,000+ mile seasons on a single set of sliders with the close every third track.
I did however notice that my current 1.25 Ripsaw which is the factory AC version with the quiet track technology / bumps is much quieter than the previous version.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, lets see how it goes ... i think it'll be a good combo with the c&a's advantage x's that i'm picking up off of here , it'll be a ditch banger extrodinare woot , i'll get another pic or 2 up once i get some more things finished up on my little beast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.