Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hears the deal. Santa got me a Eskimo quick flip II ice house for christmas (finally no more freezing my arse off!!) I have purchased the tow bar for it and was noticing they recomend a high speed runner kit if you tow with a ATV. The kit is like $60 and all it is a a few little plastic rods you put on the bottom of the sled (supposedly keeps the sled from wearing through). I was thinking about just taking some really old downhill skiis I have in the garage and bolting them to the bottom of the sled. What do you guys think? Would it work and what kindof problems should I be aware of?

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Good idea. I've seen that kind of setup before. Just make sure you use some washers or metal plates (like kickstand plates) so that the bolts don't rip through the plastic should the skis catch something.

·
Registered
64 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kris @ Jan 11 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hears the deal. Santa got me a Eskimo quick flip II ice house for christmas (finally no more freezing my arse off!!) I have purchased the tow bar for it and was noticing they recomend a high speed runner kit if you tow with a ATV. The kit is like $60 and all it is a a few little plastic rods you put on the bottom of the sled (supposedly keeps the sled from wearing through). I was thinking about just taking some really old downhill skiis I have in the garage and bolting them to the bottom of the sled. What do you guys think? Would it work and what kindof problems should I be aware of?

Thanks for the input.[/b]
I would ask Santa what she thought first. Maybe she would be up for the $60 investment rather then the old ski, Santa might not want your new gift to look to odd. Others wise I think I would have to agree. Skiis should work.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This might sound crazy but what about using sliders made for a sled. Probably just bevel the lead and trailing edges. Hope this helps. cause the runners you would get for $60 are probably just sliders anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just an idea but here's what I'm gonna do. I have the eskimo single man flip shelter and I'm going to make a basket style rack that plugs into my hitch. That way it will be up high enough that it won't fill with snow when I'm going across the lake and also so I can just drive the whole works onto my trailer or in the back of my truck when it's time to go. Should work good for hauling firewood, treestands, ect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts