Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1999 ZR 600 with 2900 miles on it. I am the third owner in the sleds history. My brother owns an identical ZR 600. He owned his a few years before I purchased mine just last month. The sled was is a barn and I knew I would have to go through everything and make sure everything was in working order. I noticed after the purchase that I am missing this set of idler wheels. I checked my brothers sled and he has them, but mine are missing. According to the previous owner he has never taken the skid or anything apart. And he bought it with 1,000 miles on it. So for almost 2,000 miles or more this sled has been missing the idler wheels. It appears that there is no damage or anything that is hurt by the lack of wheels. What my questions are, Could there be a reason they were taken out? Are they not needed? Does it interfere with suspension travel? Track tightness? Or did the previous owner and I purchase a sled that has something very serious missing and we are fools? You can tell that there has been a bolt in the appropriate hole before.

Please help, any information is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
All of my sleds have them. Don't see a reason to not have them myself, harder on the hyfax without them and more rolling resistance I would think. I would be ordering parts if it were mine.Cat happy

·
Registered
94 Posts
In 2004 I bought a left over 2002 Z440 and Z370. 18 Months later, noticed one had those wheels, the other did not. Didn't look like they were ever installed. I bought a set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took mine out and alls it does is make more wear on the hyfax but it isn't any significant wear

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran into the same issue with my 01 ZR800. After getting a set last week and installing them the only thing I can see that would cause issues is that at full bump the axle could come into contact with the resevoir on my rear shock.

Just for that reason alone I will be pulling mine off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts