Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bang your head just back form on my skidoo and she was pilen smoke out , wasnt anti freeze, then noticed she was burning anitfreeze , well i noticed it was abit boggy first, past half throttle, then came home and checked , she spilled antifreeze out of the over flow , melted the overflow hose, started to melt my throttle cable , so i let her cool down , now she wont start, she made an effort , but wouldnt start, seems to have same amount of compression , never ran the gauge yet, but will tomoro , so basically , is there a chance my motor might not be fried?? or what could cause the problems that happened??? bang your head bang your head

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just checked then , she's oit of anti freeze, and found out why, the place were u fill it up is cracked , so she pissed out all of her anti freeze bang your head

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just ran a check after replacin the filler peice, she ran 100 on the left(clutch) and 50-75 on the right, couldnt realy tell which one it was tryin to do it by my self. After i changed the filler she started 3rd pull ran realy well and then i shut it down to top her up on anti freeze, and then she wouldnt start, so i did the compression test, if i got anti freeze in my cylinder wqould that cause her to drop compression that much , and same as if my o rigns are gone ??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:super_happy: :super_happy: :tongue_nana: Not worthy: She isnt taosted :tongue_nana: she just fried the head o rings, thats a big reliefe, hauled it aprt, not one mark in the cylidner, cylidner is still smooth , and no cracks in anything, piston and rigns are still realy good, but the orings shrunk, one was of out of place , other then that there is no other problems to be found , so im goin to get them and install them tomoro if i can get a set right away.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you got away cheap. Make sure you go through the procedure to get all the air out of the cooling system just in case. The blown head gasket allows the high pressure expanding exhaust gasses out into your cooling system (which likely popped your filler) and may have forced air into the system

·
Registered
780 Posts
My, that's a funny looking ZR Cat.... :moon:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope the pressure from the exaust isnt what casued the o-ring blow out , the filler was cracked and the person before me tried to fill it in with silicone or sumtin, and hte pressure from the antifreeze runnin threw casue the silicone to blow out , then blew all the antifreeze out , and then over heated, now im on the hunt to try and find a set of o-rings already in stock on the island so i dont have to order them .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts