Wondering if any of you you know what might mave caused my grips to get pretty hot and the filaments of my headlights to melt. It's a 79 FA Jag and it ran fine prior, and still runs like normal. Could it be a short ? .... Thanks.
1. Raise the rear of the snowmobile off the shop
floor, using a safety stand. Make sure track is
free to rotate.
2. Connect the main wiring harness connector
to the engine connector plug.
3. Remove the voltage regulator from the
chassis. Leave it connected to the wire
harness, but isolate it from the chassis.
4. Set multitester selector at 100 AC volts.
Connect one lead of the AC voltmeter to the
yellow wire on the voltage regulator and the
other tester lead to brown wi re on the
5. Turn the ignition switch to the run position.
6. Start the engine and allow it to idle. The
voltmeter must register approximately 10 -15
AC volts. Grasp the throttle and accelerate
slightly. As the engine rpm increases, the
voltmeter must register between 12 - 15 AC
volts at any rpm.