Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
A very good post kscowboy, however, I could only see 2 of the pictures (005 and 007).
I know this is old stuff (2005), but if you still have these pictures could you email them to
me ([email protected]), much appreciated.
[/quote]

Its very easy to do! well, the springs are a SOB, but its pretty straight forward. Once you do one, the rest of the springs come pretty easy.
Tha easiest way for me to do them (I dont have needle nose vice grips) was to take all the springs out first, and then install the new ones. I used a metal pick to run through the hangar part, and into the hole the hangar goes in. I then would lift up, which would stretch the spring and then use the but end of a screw driver to tap on it, and make the hangar splide down the pick, and into the hole. But I bet, the vice grip needle nose would be much easier!

take pictures of each one of the plates before removing them, with a digital camera, just in case you forget how they line up or which wat they go.

Also there is a small pin on the bottom right side that will slide out. Very easy to put back in, but just dont loose it. Watch out for the washer to on the bottom left. It will slide off, so make sure you dont loose it either.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 06 400 manual with 27" Mud Machine bi-claws and tri-claws. Would a clutch kit help any with the high a$$ reverse gear they put in these things? Would I need a clutch puller to install?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Danger, i would just go with the reverse cam mod that is discussed in the other thread. There are videos of before and after. The after is amazing. I cant wait to get mine done, i just have to not be working 95hours every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone that has done the reverse mod now how reliable it is? I mean its not gonna mess something else up. And thanks for the info nwngunner.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts