Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
got my purple springs in, not much of a problem getting them in. havent gotten into any thick stuff yet, but so far i cant tell much of a difference. the stall is nothing like i thought it would be.

lass week i cood not spell MEC-uh-NIC. now, I is wun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After looking everywhere online I couldn't find a clutch kit for my 2006 400 Manual so I ordered the kit for the 2005 400 Manual. It was the orange springs. The install went great and I couldn't be happier with the clutch upgrade. So anybody with 06-07 400 Manual you can get the 05 400 Manual kit from EPI and it will work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I did mine today.......Boy was that fun!!!! :devil_angry:

I will say this, make sure the DANG clutch weights are back far enough or you aint gonna get the cluth holding plates back on for the e clips. Its very simple with the new springs on-Just use a screwdriver and push between the weights and it will give enough to push the entire weight back towards the bike. Make sure they are all back. I fought this until my neighbor pointed out that one was further back than the rest.

The rest is a piece of cake.

If you have any assembly problems like stuff falling off, should only be about 3 or 4 things loose that would come off-check this for help click here you will have to click on the PARTS icon, then select ATV, then your YEAR and so on, then click the CLUTCH ASSEMBLY.

Good luck to others!

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well guys, I goofed bad! Something kept bothering me as i sealed everything up and tightened the last bolt. I remembered the inner shaft that turns the impeller in the water pump housing had fallen. It free spun-not to its original position. I took the cover off the water pump housing and sure enough it was tick and tat, the impeller shaft inner rod was hitting the inner shaft.

I took the cover and all the bolts off, wripped the skin off my middle finger knuckle :bleedgreen in the process and i managed to tear my new gasket. :angry:. By now im pissed off.

Now i had to order a new gasket, found one for 16 or so bucks plus shipping.

Heres my dumb question. The bike did not come with a gasket silicon sealer, do you guys think it needs it in addition to the gasket?

I have always done this before (intake manifolds and such) but this made a mess while trying to get the oil filter around the plastic fender well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
did my clutch spring mod. it was cake. i went with the purple springs and couldnt be happier. i was a little worried before i put them in that the stall would be too high but its not at all. we do alot of trail and mud riding. this really helps my little 500 on 26's pull the hills also. if your goin to do this mod definitely get the purples. you wont regret it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All, New to the forum here, but been reading for awhile. Heres what I got. A buddy of mine has an 03 400 Manual with 26" Gators. The clutch has started slipping some so Im going to replace it for him. Ive done a few dirt bikes with hand clutch, but not one like this. Question is, should I be looking at replacing the plates and springs on the primary clutch or something with the secondary clutch??? Any suggestions, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone know the EPI kit number for an 07 500 man. Want the purple springs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I can only see 3 of the 7 pics. THe rest are just blank. ANyone else having this trouble or is it just me. Can anyone see all the pics?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Some of the pics are black for me as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Vinson 500 M and I got the EPI kit for it and the springs I got are white?? Part number is WE493002.
I also got a EBC clutch plate kit thats comes with friction plates, steel plates and heavy duty springs. Part number DRC120. I'll be installing it tomorrow and taking a bunch of pictures.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I put my High Lifter clutch kit in lastnight. It is the EPI springs with a gasket. It is not really that noticable and I agree with the people that say it should come in them stock. I can get both front wheels up in high 1st with no jerk on the bars, low 1st and set back a little and it'll really stand up.

Install took about 3hrs, the worst part was getting the cover off, and installing the springs. I had to get my BFH and knock the right side cover off and needle nose vice grips would work MUCH better than standards. Overall, it was worth the money and time for install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the purple springs last night. I lucked out and was able to reuse my gasket. It i s noticable but nothing obnoxious. My advise is TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!

Does anyone know if the AMR coil is worth the $? Also can anyone explain the slide mod , Spring, and exhaust mod in depth? I have a 2'' snorkle and a k&n so far on my 2006 500 manual.Also what jets will I possibly need after these mods? Thanks alot this website is awesome!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SLP40 @ May 18 2005, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
im scared!!![/b]
hey im thinkin bout gettin an hmf fer my 500 how loud is it on yers???

121 - 140 of 147 Posts