101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
does the kit work on the 400

·
Registered
966 Posts
Adam, they do have a clutch kit for the 400.

02-05 400 Manual-Any size tires part# WE490425

Don't bother calling them, because I got the same result as XL Cat. They will not tell you anything besides that the kit is designed for the model specified. They also informed me that the sport utility kit raises the engagement point 400-500 RPM whereas the competition kit raises it from 900-1000 RPM. Other than that, just phone static.

I'm looking for the green springs which raise it 200-300 RPM like KSCowboy is describing. If they only come with the automatic kit, I'll spend the extra dollars to get what I want. Too bad they don't want to cooperate like I was hoping for.

KC :boohoo: :boohoo:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I got my Green Springs that I had in my 500M from a 500 Auto Kit.....I had No Problems turnin my 29.5-10's with them.....Could turn them everywhere Kscowboy did with the Purple Springs......Reverse is the ONLY DOWN SIDE of the 500M..........

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thanks DMR. That's what I needed to hear. Looks like I'll be ordering the auto kit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I though the 05's had the low range rev... Like mine dose?...

MArk

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Originally posted by Muddedprairie@Feb 15 2006, 10:23 AM
I though the 05's had the low range rev... Like mine dose?...

MArk
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
they do same motor :thumbsup: but reverse is not the same as first gear it is just a touch higher ( if you look at the tranny break down you can see the gears are diff size with rev being just alittle bigger) and in really really thick mud the 500 will have more trouble spinning the tires in rev the in forward.... but mine is yet to bogg out in reverse allways getitdone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
GArrette,

I agree......

·
Registered
3 Posts
HAS ANY BODY USED A LIFT KIT WITHOUT USING GORILLA AXLES. AND IF SO DOES IT MAKE IT WEAKER. ALSO HOW DO I PUT A PIC NEXT TO MY NAME ON THE BOARD. :sos:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Dozer,

When i first put my 3-inch lift on i didn't have gorillas at all.. And i broke a few axles... Then i went to the updated 04-axles in the frt and Gorillas in the rear... And (Knock on Wood) so far so good.... I think if you go with a 1 inch you will be ok...

MArk

As for the pic.. Go into your settings and follow the promps to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can get my hands on the springs for a kingquad clutch kit that the guy ended up not using and sold the quad. Will these springs fit in the clutch the same as the other ones?? I would have the springs given to me so its a no brainer since i plan on ordering 29.5 tires for the vinny. can anyone running swaplites tell me the actual width of them? i want to run them on front and 10" laws on back. the laws are roughly 9 3/4" and i dont want the lites wider than my rear tires. I thought the springs in the auto vinson kit were plenty high enough stall speed. Can wheelie the vinny with 27" laws on it.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
The springs will work..

Can;t answer your question on the tires..

Mark

·
Registered
512 Posts
I see EPI has "COMPETITION SPRINGS" anyone try that kit yet?

What is or was the color that came originally in the 500 auto kit? Just trying to keep the colors straight. I thought they were green as well but the purple ones came in higher?

Update - not sure on color but the green in the auto are said to raise engagement about 200 rpm, the purple in the standard kit for $49.99 is around 500 and the $99.99 kit raises it up 900-1000rpm.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I have the purple springs in mine and i'm happy with them.. I do belive they made a difference.

Mark

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ordered the kit for a 400 manual oversize tires the other day. Well in came in last night and I took me a couple hours but she's in and I like it. They sent me the orange springs, the stall is not all that crazy like some said on here. Maybe it depends on the bike?? Took me the longest to scrape off the old gasket with a razor. Pretty easy mod all together. Thanks KS for the pictures.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 400 auto. Is this basicaly the same? I am looking for more power from my clutch. What about the spring? is that difficult?

·
Registered
47 Posts
would it be possible to get some dimensions on these springs. i don't care if it's the stockers, the green, purple or even these orange ones i read about.

i need
overall length(including the hooks)
the outside diameter
the diameter of the wire that the spring is made of
and if ya have anyway of measering it---- how many pounds does it take to start seperating the spring.

if i can get all of this i think i might be able to get these springs alot cheaper than, the current supplier. they're not actually making the springs, there buying them from somebody else then raping us $10 a spring. if i can match up the springs i should be able to get the set for $10.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey does anyone know if the 2005 400 auto TRV clutch kit from EPI fit the 2006 400 auto TRV? Another thing.. Did anyone elses bolts that attach the front speedrack to front body panel vibrate loose or off? I'm missing both on the front. I think i might have to get some and locktite them or something. Does anyone have an exhaust on a 400 TRV as well?

101 - 120 of 147 Posts