Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an '06 250 that I want to make a speed rack mount on the rear rack for mounting a Kimpex trunk on it. I had this set up on my 400 and it was great and made it real easy to remove if I had to. Anybody have any ideas for making the receiver portion for the rack? I've seen they have an accessory to add for something hanging off the rear but I need the rack portion.

Steve

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
I have an arctic cat adapter that bolts to the rack and gives you 2 speedrack attachment points. I can sell you one if your interested

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an arctic cat adapter that bolts to the rack and gives you 2 speedrack attachment points. I can sell you one if your interested
I've seen that. I need the attachments to be on top of the rack as opposed to the rear. I think I may have found something to bolt on that gives me the attachment points.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you looking for the square tubing pieces? I'm confused
Yes, the ones on top of the rear rack (4 total). I had the speed rack adapter bracket mounted to the Kimpex trunk and it made it real easy to attach and take off the rear rack on my 400. The 250 doesn't have any of the speed rack attachment points on the rear rack.

Steve

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yes, the ones on top of the rear rack (4 total). I had the speed rack adapter bracket mounted to the Kimpex trunk and it made it real easy to attach and take off the rear rack on my 400. The 250 doesn't have any of the speed rack attachment points on the rear rack.

Steve

Get the tubing- order the plastic inserts from the dealer- drill the holes, weld em on, put in the plastic inserts, and you're good to go. There is a reason the 250 doesn't have mounting points- the rack isn't big enough or strong enough for most accessories. I'm crazy- but I wouldn't mount a seat on the rear rack.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cat sells a speedrack base you can mount on quad. it about 35 bucks and is better than the one shown above. works great I put on can am and use my old cat attachements.
Is the one you are talking about part number 1436-026?????

Steve

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts