Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys and girls here it is some very good riding to be had up there, from twin pine camps on its85-86 south going to kokadjo is a 10. i'm not sure of the name of the trail but it is about 5 miles out towards baxter state park, you can't miss it. it cuts off going all the way out to adol gas. it is marked anyway. i'll come back on tomorrow and let you know the name. its a left about 5 miles out from twinpine camps, it goes to kokadjo, take it and head out to like you where going to the ragged mountain trail witch is closed this year. this clubtrail system is off the plowed road about 1 mile down on the left before the ragged mountain trail. your looking for club trail that goes to the west side of jo mary lake and trust me it is a 10 out there. but you can not get to kokadjo with out getting on plowed roads and that is only about 3 miles and is no good past jo mary and no good to greenville so that it is pretty much what you get to ride out that way, and there is still rocks and ice. but over all pretty dam good for the snow cover.
ok heading up threw baxter state park, it is pretty good. its a 7 with some ice in the corners and some thin spots but very passable up to matagamon and this is the best way to get to matagamon because of the reroutes off of its85 north. anyway, you can head out from twin pines camps heading north to bowlin camps using the wild kingdom trail to get to its85 north which is great once you get to its85 heading to bowlin camps. its good and groomed but with some small rocks here and there, still a 8 anyway once you get to the old fork that used to go to bowlin camps. its closed for who knows how long. it puts you on its83 north heading to benedicta, for about 5 miles. it is crap but passable once you hit the new reroute which is the new its85 north. it gets dam good for awhile and there are a few more bad spots to go thru but gets really good 80% of the way to mattagamon and the 80% is a 10 and groomed small rocks here and there, thats asfar as we went north was matagamon and don't know about shin pond.
ok from twin pines camp going out wild kingdom trail to its85 north and up to logan pond trail. in some maps its called the katahdin loop trail cutting over to baxter. is pretty good and groomed, except a little reroute for about 1to2 miles it gets a little crappy, but passable no problem. so that pretty much somes it up. there is some very nice riding up there if you can understand this post. lol all that i can tell you is these trail are all groomed but thin in some spots and if you hit them after the nights grooming the corners would be pretty good, but late in the day count on most corners being ice just on the inside of corners. plenty of snow on the out side of all corners so watch out from sleds coming the other way because they will be using your side of the trail to make most corners because most guys ride to fast, and the reroute still goes to bowlin camps. this is f7frank riding catf1000s/p signing out. if there is anyone needing a cool camp for the weekend my friend has one we rent just off its85-86 by the main trail leading to baxter state park. drop me a line. its open this week and week end

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the report. Now...........How about a little punctuation! Makes for very hard reading. Appreciate the report though.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDoncat @ Jan 31 2007, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the report. Now...........How about a little punctuation! Makes for very hard reading. Appreciate the report though.[/b]
sorry i droped out of school and i'm stupid lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.