Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 zr 800 dd pipe ,can,clutch , power breather and boysen reeds
i was running 400s with pipe and reeds put can and breather on and dd told me to run 450s. when temp goes below 10 f close the breather off. when breather is closed idle drops from 1100 to 400-600 rpm.

i think it's loading up . is anybody running same set up and if so what mains are you running at what temps?

thanks for the info

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm running 500's on my 01 800 but I have twins with everything else you have. You might need to adjust your air or fuel screws.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have kind of the same setup on what you have I am running Vforce3 reeds instead of the boysen. I run 450's in mine, but I put the caps on about 0 degrees. Is your breather gutted?

·
Registered
398 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01zr800 @ Feb 1 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
shelf and cones are still in . did you gut yours ? if yes does it run smoother ?[/b]
I know D&D says "DO NOT" remove the cones with twins, I'm not really sure about the singles.

Also you say it's loading up.......in what state is it doing this? If this is low end or idle then it has nothing to do with main jets at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.