Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took the boys and their new kitties out today to Busco. Nice sunny day but windier then hell and pretty chilly in the open areas. The weather must have kept everyone away because it was practically vacant. Took the boys down some open areas to get them used the handling and work on breaking in the motors. Then on ito the woods. Busco is still very muddy with many deep holes and badly rutted out trails. Unless your running 29.5's you don't stand a chance of even thinking about staying on some of the trails.

We worked around many of the bad areas and I got into some deep stuff that I had to winch my self out of and another where I just couldn't get out of the vertical ruts. We worked some off camber stuff, some trickly technical stuff and just plain bushwacking, mudslinging riding. It was nice for them to just ride through the ruts with me due to ground clearance, the Big Bear with it's SRA and low ground clearance is a lot more work for them.

They both loved their new rides, comfort, GC, 4x4, auto, gas tank size etc. They loved the handling compared to the Big Bear as well but definitely felt the work it takes to manuever these beasts. Great day for the new machines not a single issue with either of them, it was me that was needing the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Looks like they are breaking them in right!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MRMREZG @ Feb 18 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is that 500 snorkeled, already?[/b]

Most certainly is, spent yesterday evening getting it done. Also the 400, had to as the stock inlet is just to low. I don't plan to take them swimming, but sometimes when you drop down into some water you can get some in. Mainly just snorked them for protection vs. needing to sumbmerge them. :beer_cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts