Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like it says in the Snow tech December issue it was just a matter of time. 150 cc air cooled 4 stroke twist throttle and disk brakes 80 km range that looks like the Yammi Apex for $2000 and a smaller 110cc version.
I'm sure we'll be seeing people towing their kids back out of the woods

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowflake723 @ Dec 29 2006, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sure we'll be seeing people towing their kids back out of the woods[/b]
only if they're stupid enough to buy some POS like that,, I have folks come through the door each day wanting ''parts'' for their ''pocket rockets'' (about the only words a certain ethnicity can pronounce correctly these days),, guess what??,, basically, they're not available w/out doing as much research and work as running the New York Marathon

good luck to anyone that does buy one of those pieces of :turd:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
The hell with the "good luck" wishes. If they are that stupid then let them wallow in it. The people importing that crap should be shot.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Dec 29 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The hell with the "good luck" wishes. If they are that stupid then let them wallow in it. The people importing that crap should be shot.[/b]
that was my exact point, let 'em rot in hell, because i'm not gonna' raise a hand to help them

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Dec 29 2006, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Dec 29 2006, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hell with the "good luck" wishes. If they are that stupid then let them wallow in it. The people importing that crap should be shot.[/b]
that was my exact point, let 'em rot in hell, because i'm not gonna' raise a hand to help them
[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: Ditto!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dunno I don't think these Asian machines would be great but they won't be trying to hose the consumer outragous money for parts like Arctic Cat does. My dealer says my AC needs a stator for $750 (choke) which is crazy. No, crazy is anyone stupid enough to pay their ransom. A place in Quebec has what I need for $269 which is still too high but that's where I'm ordering from. They say you get what you pay for but with Arctic Cat we get the privledge to support racing sponsorships.

·
Registered
656 Posts
They might be crap, but they'll stil take a bit of the market share away from the big four. Hopefully though, it'll motivate them to make a cheaper, better mini sled.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
boy you guys missed the mark. this is the same as the atv imports. we have very stupid laws that my 6'2" 13 year old son can not ride an atv that fits his stature so we have to get a big 4 50cc quad for $2400. that a 5' 2" person is too big for. bought a kazooma 150cc with revesre for $1250 at my local dealer, added spark arrestor and we rode 1500 miles with no problems this year. silly? what better way for a kid to learn on a sled that won't go fast needs work once a month and does not cost sooo much to keep him out of sledding. we need more entry level sleds so people can learn at their homes and fleids before they hit the trails.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CopterDocter @ Dec 29 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I dunno I don't think these Asian machines would be great but they won't be trying to hose the consumer outragous money for parts like Arctic Cat does. My dealer says my AC needs a stator for $750 (choke) which is crazy. No, crazy is anyone stupid enough to pay their ransom. A place in Quebec has what I need for $269 which is still too high but that's where I'm ordering from. They say you get what you pay for but with Arctic Cat we get the privledge to support racing sponsorships.[/b]
ever price a helix from yamaha for their '95 on up secondaries? eekkk (and that's just for starters, I could write a book based on all of the big 4)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (auburn6887 @ Dec 29 2006, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
boy you guys missed the mark. this is the same as the atv imports. we have very stupid laws that my 6'2" 13 year old son can not ride an atv that fits his stature so we have to get a big 4 50cc quad for $2400. that a 5' 2" person is too big for. bought a kazooma 150cc with revesre for $1250 at my local dealer, added spark arrestor and we rode 1500 miles with no problems this year. silly? what better way for a kid to learn on a sled that won't go fast needs work once a month and does not cost sooo much to keep him out of sledding. we need more entry level sleds so people can learn at their homes and fleids before they hit the trails.[/b]
you sir, are extremely lucky to have gone that mileage w/o any issues,,, those machines in our area are constantly looking for chain tensioner rollers and arms for replacement

·
Registered
759 Posts
Want to talk about the clutches on the 120's? Three on the 04ZR 120 and on the second on the 06 F120. Chain rings all over the place. Bushing worn out and the ring welds braking on the gear.

What is killing the Americas is Union driven labour. Just wate for the day that GM gets caught for cooking the books. Enron was not and is still not the only over priced stock. There is alot of people that want to work in the world and there cost of living is not as high. Wtih logics now you will see huge warehouses that will stock these parts for the cheep knock offs. We have two bikes a 50 and 70. The kids love them and I have only needed to gas and go. The parts are two days away in the US. You will find people that are willing to make a few bucks selling these cheeper toys.

We are all enginers......What dose one in the US cost and one in China? All I know is honda makes one HE!! of a motor.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonoBBD @ Dec 30 2006, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All I know is honda makes one HE!! of a motor.[/b]
I can only speak for the brand/series we sell here at work,, Aeon Motor Corp IS the company that builds what I sell here,, Howith IS the brand of engine they come with, Howith IS a joint venture between Sachs (remember them?) and a company out of middle asia (company name,,?? I dunno, forgot), but they are direct discendents of honda's atc90 series engines as Honda sold them the rights (from what i've been told),,

and from what i've seen, Howith is the most common engine used in all the off brands, yes honda ''designed'' one hell of an engine there, but other co's have furthered its continuation in history,, and from what i've found looking over some other products, Howith also has bought rights to Suzuki's smaller 4 stroke atv engines as well,, they will be a competitor for a long time,,, BUT!, the other companies with super low $'s on their ''chinese'' prods, had better step up the overall quality of their chassis as well as parts supply chains, because of the units out there, the line-up I sell has the easiest parts to obtain,, MOST of the others are basically extinct and will not return a call, e-mail, or fax asking for a parts supply line for their products (pretty sad IMO) as all I want to do is help customers who've been ripped by CROOKED DEALERS in this area

1 - 14 of 14 Posts