Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody use them before how well do they last and hold up.I dunno Im getting a great deal for them 180 double backer studs all prices include studs, support collars, backers ( doubles or singles or mix), drill bit and template along with a 5 year bend or break warranty.($412)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anybody use them before how well do they last and hold up.I dunno Im getting a great deal for them 180 double backer studs all prices include studs, support collars, backers ( doubles or singles or mix), drill bit and template along with a 5 year bend or break warranty.($412)

In my experience the best studs ever made are Fastrac. I've had them on all my sleds since 1996 and have never broken a single one. Hi grade stainless (very light) with plastic backers, you can't go wrong. They cost a bit more but are well worth it considering their life and how much labor it takes to put them in. Also they don't rust so they look new 5 or 10 years in. Really, really recommend them. You can buy them direct, ask if you can get the show price.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SnoGasm, I put Extream Max with plastic backers stainless steal no rust didn't bend or broke any of them in 2000 miles on my F1100. Great price as well. Would buy them again. If you are interested I got them at Hay Days. I can give you the guys # If you want.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I jave mack studs, got a good deal, but wouldnt purchase them again. They show a ton of wear at only 2000 miles. I have had the extreme max studs and they work and last many years, way better than mack imo. Snowmobilestuds.com is where I purchased the last ones.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have the extreme max studs on my 800 and I am not real happy with them so far. I haven't bent or broken any, but they are really worn. The sled has about 1400 miles on it and there are several studs missing carbides, and the steel around the insert is worn away on the rest of them. I like the fact that they don't rust and they hook up well, but after the first season, I don't think I would buy them again.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not finding much on the Macks and what I have came across are not good. I got a hold of John over at Johnmaster hes going set me up with his stud package talked to him about studs great guy so hes getting my business.:smiling:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought a set at the Old forge Snowdeo this year. I haven't installed them yet. They were very good to deal with and have a pretty good guarantee. Five year bend or break, Ill give them a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.