Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea how to put on a sway bar on a m8 is their anybody that makes a clamp to go on the arms to hook up the sway bar?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just wondering why you want to put a swaybar on? they tend to hold you flat to the mountain making it hard to side hill or carve around, great for the trail though.
but if you want them the only way I know of is to weld clips on the arms or to buy arms off of a swaybarred sled
:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well here is the deal i bought it and went to MT 1 time so far and i planed to go again in late Feb or in March but my teeth got the best of me so now i need to take the Mt money and use that for my teeth and i want to ride around here and we dont have powder. I tried to trade on a crossfire but just cant make a deal yet. I would have to come up with about 1300.00 diff.

·
Registered
160 Posts
unless you can weld tabs on the stock a-arms it will probably cost you some money to do the swap. I believe if you go to xfire a-arms and a sway bar you will need new shocks as well. You could always look around for some old firecat a-arms and shocks too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
pretty sure you cant connect one even if you get crossfire a-arms. I beleve the tube the swaybar connects into is cut shorter then the crossfire

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
the tube length shouldn't matter, as long as it connects to the arms the tube just holds the bar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 07 m8 that i would like to find one for if possible. I would like to thank everyone for the help. Thanks Shannon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you considered just installing a set of Smmons skis and adjusting your suspension especially front shocks and maybe limiter strap. Also put your skis out to the widest postion. It will work pretty well, besides your going to have to watch trail speed with that stock track. Maybe get some ice scratchers for hard trails or change out your track.

That way it will be easy to set up for powder again.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I am curious if the M8 really has the clearance up front to run a sway bar without it hitting the sled body when the suspension compresses.
The sled was designed for sidehilling etc. and to NOT ever have a sway bar screw up its handling in the mountains.

It sure looks tight in there to my eyes to install a swaybar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts